ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 12-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Far Cry 5 - System Specs

I'm just thinking ahead to FC5 and wondering how my rig will go with it.
The recommended specs are:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 | AMD FX-8370 or equivalent
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 | AMD Radeon R9 290X or equivalent
I meet it all apart from my CPU. I'm still running a C2Q (yorkfield) on X48.
The X48/C2Q combo has so far handled everything I've thrown at it.
For example, I'm currently running games like FC4, FO4, Witcher3 and Alien Isolation at 4K, downscaled on my 1080P monitor.

I notice the graphics requirement is a 980, which is not too bad.
I dk how up to date the specs are, we'll find out closer to March I guess.
But based on the above, I think my rig should be ok.
I think it will depend on the physics and particle detail. The trailers all look pretty intense.
What do you guys think?
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 12-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
Sandog
CLUB ROG VI APEX

Re: Far Cry 5 - System Specs

Do you want a suggestion on updating your CPU? A dual core is pretty long in the tooth. GTX 980 is not that old IMO and should run the game just fine. It has better compute performance than my 1080 I believe. Keep us updated on FCV.
Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i9-7900X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 3200MHz C16 CMD32GX4M4C3200C16-ROG / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Samsung 850 Pro SATA 1TB / Ducky Shine 3 YOTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS OC Panel / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:27 PM   #3
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandog View Post
Do you want a suggestion on updating your CPU? A dual core is pretty long in the tooth. GTX 980 is not that old IMO and should run the game just fine. It has better compute performance than my 1080 I believe. Keep us updated on FCV.
Remember Iíve already got a 1080 Sandog? The comment about the 980 was just to highlight that the game is not too demanding, at least they donít recommend a 1080.

Iím looking forward to FC5, looks like lots of fun.
If my rig can play those other games at 4K then I think it may handle FC5, but canít be sure. Thereís some hacked versions out already, I may be able to find some benchmarks.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 12-18-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Actually, not to forget it’s going to have to run on Xbox and PS4, so it can’t be too demanding. Consolitis should ensure my old C2Q can handle the AI and physics. (While that may sound like a good thing, of course it isn’t!).

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 12-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #5
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Not much interest in this upcoming Tier 1 game?
Maybe a couple of YouTubes will help.
Hereís the trailer and then some actual gameplay:

YouTube

YouTube

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 12-26-2017, 01:46 AM   #6
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

As a test I loaded up FC4 again and ran it at 4K on ultra settings. Motion blur is off as I dislike the effect and AA is off of course. The FOV is set slightly higher than default.
God rays are on "enhanced".

fps hovered in the high 50's but was usually stuck at 60 most of the time, which is my cap.

For some weird reason cut-scenes dropped to below 50. Not sure what that was about. Occasionally I saw dips to high 40's but moving my character about would bring it up again, so some kind of glitch.
Gameplay is silky smooth thanks to the very well optimized game engine.

I conclude that my rig should handle FC5 at 1080p/ultra settings easily, but it may be borderline at 4K because I expect FC5 to be more demanding than FC4. I may be wrong. In any case 1080p is a fall back position and I cant see any reason to upgrade my rig in preparation for this game.

btw, FC4 looks absolutely stunning in most areas, forgot how nice it is.

Looking forward to FC5!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 01-15-2018, 08:36 PM   #7
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Just thinking about FC5 and its story and setting and I wonder if a non-American player may miss out on some of the more subtle and culturally oriented bits? I mean it’s got to make a difference playing a game that’s closer to the players home, reflecting much of the home cultural heritage, than to a non-American player.

I guess we’re all familiar with the cult phenomenon and its craziness but the specifics of the US flavor, not so much. There’s a shared legacy of Hollywood movies of course that help to inform the non-American player.

Countries like mine (Australia) have a great deal in common with American culture, obviously a lot of crossover there, but other cultures are different.

I’ve played some foreign, non-American games, and sometimes the nuance of some of the story is lost on me until I’ve read some reviews.

Here in Australia developers tend to build games for an international audience.
I would love to see a game as big as FC based on an Australian setting.

Actually, something that would be of interest would be a FC game based on the Chinese cultural revolution. Lots of factions, locations and madness there! We could play as characters from different sides, Red Guards, civilians, farmers, politicians and leaders. Although I suppose it would be difficult to portray the mad murder of innocents. Still, lots of drama there.

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 01-15-2018, 09:49 PM   #8
Sandog
CLUB ROG VI APEX

You got my imagination flowing. It would be awesome with the game quality of today to show different lands so you could get familiar with them. I think the Aussie outback plus some shoreline would be great including native species. The Amazon rain forest going down a river would be a good one to and even one in Alaska. Tired of tore down cities and futuristic alien settings. They should show something beautiful and natural while your slaying lol.
Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i9-7900X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 3200MHz C16 CMD32GX4M4C3200C16-ROG / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Samsung 850 Pro SATA 1TB / Ducky Shine 3 YOTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS OC Panel / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:11 AM   #9
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Quote:
... Tired of tore down cities and futuristic alien settings. They should show something beautiful and natural while your slaying lol.
Sandog, have you had a go at FC3 or FC4? If not then check out FC4, very beautiful, idyllic tropical island setting with spiritual qualities.
Its something like the original FC, only with modern graphics.
Of course, its a first person shooter, so plenty of that there, but you can just wander around taking it all in, if you can keep out of trouble.

Crysis was also great looking, I mean the original or WH.

Youtube here

"You Cannot Hide..."

Last edited by zapionics<alt>; 01-16-2018 at 12:17 AM..
Old 02-25-2018, 05:38 PM   #10
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Ok, Ubisoft have released some updated specs.
Based on this I believe that 1080p will be doable on my rig:

Minimum Configuration
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz or equivalent
Video Card:: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 or AMD R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
RAM: 8GB
Resolution: 720p
Video Preset: Low

Recommended Configuration (60 FPS)
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent
Video Card:: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 or AMD R9 290X (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
Resolution: 1080p
Video Preset: High

4K 30 FPS Configuration
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.6 GHz or equivalent
Video Card:: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD RX Vega 56 (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
RAM: 16GB
Resolution: 2160p

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 02-25-2018, 07:45 PM   #11
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

I remember when FC4 first came out there were a few bugs and issues that took some weeks to sort. I played again as recently as last night and the game these days is very stable with few problems.
I sure hope that FC5 is ready for play when it comes out. Of course FC:Primal also uses Dunia 2 and was very stable and sweet looking, so I don’t expect any issues. I haven’t heard what improvements they may have made to the engine but we should expect tweaks in A.I. and graphics at some level. I would personally love to see major improvements but As I’ve said before they’re unlikely to do anything too radical with console requirements holding them back.
I will be getting the PC version of course.

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 02-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #12
Sandog
CLUB ROG VI APEX

Those are some pretty tough recommended requirements and all for only 60FPS on high, not ultra, and only 1080P, not 1440P wide-screen, and also RAM:8GB

Video Card:: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 or AMD R9 290X (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)

Old 02-25-2018, 10:36 PM   #13
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Quote:
Those are some pretty tough recommended requirements and all for only 60FPS on high, not ultra, and only 1080P, not 1440P wide-screen, and also RAM:8GB

Yeah, Iím still running my C2Q but have the 1080 so hopefully will get 1080p without too much trouble! Canít wait to see what improvements there may be over FC4 as far as image quality goes.

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 02-26-2018, 08:24 PM   #14
Sandog
CLUB ROG VI APEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
Yeah, Iím still running my C2Q but have the 1080 so hopefully will get 1080p without too much trouble! Canít wait to see what improvements there may be over FC4 as far as image quality goes.
That's what I am using, a 1080. The STRIX has a factory OC though, it is not reference clock frequencies. Great card!

Old 04-25-2018, 04:18 PM   #15
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Just an update, my rig benchmarked nicely at 1440p but appeared too slow for 4K with avg fps of 41. (ultra settings).
So I've played half the game at 1440p.
Anyhow I switched to 4K just for kicks and haven't looked back.
Rarely notice any framerate issues.
I think the benchmark is a worst case scenario.
4K looks slightly better on my monitor than 1440, so its good.

"You Cannot Hide..."