ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 11-02-2004, 03:53 PM   #16
Monkey Hanger

Not quite true.

There are some USB2 devices that are not backward compatible to USB1!
That's why I asked the question.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 11-02-2004, 05:50 PM   #17
Penz

Well i went over and worked on it today. I used different drivers and also install it different ways and still did not work. I also put in my Kingston USB Key drive and it wouldn't recognize it either.
I went ahead and bought a USB pci card and stuck it in there. It works fine now. So maybe it was along the lines of what Flashgordon was talking about.

Thanks again for the help.
evga 6800GT 256MB
Antec 480W PS (1080 case)
WD 74GB Raport + WD 120GB
Old 11-02-2004, 05:59 PM   #18
Tapir
Wisdom Will Always Linger

If you start in safe mode and go to device manager, remove the the usb items and restart normal windows will reconfigure your usb devices/ports. Of course the settings in your bios must be enabled.
You need to have the right question to obtain the right answer.
**************************************************************************************************** ********************************************************************************
The greatest right any nation can afford its people is the right to be left alone.
**************************************************************************************************** ********************************************************************************
INTEL DP55WB, INTEL CORE i3 2.93, 2X2 G MARK VISION DDR 3, SAMSUNG 250G, NVIDIA S7200, MOTOROLA SB5100 CABLE MODEM, X TECH OPTICAL MOUSE, AIR COOLED - 3 FANS,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-29-2006, 05:04 PM   #19
bballgirl14

Problem

I have a problem with my NEW Lexmark printer. I'm trying to find a USB cable that will hook up my printer to a Compaq computer. Any ideas what kind to buy? Cause I'm confused.

Thanks!!
Old 10-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #20
bballgirl14

Monkey Hanger

Monkey Hanger do you have any ideas to help me?
Old 10-30-2006, 05:53 AM   #21
Monkey Hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballgirl14 View Post
I have a problem with my NEW Lexmark printer. I'm trying to find a USB cable that will hook up my printer to a Compaq computer. Any ideas what kind to buy? Cause I'm confused.
Thanks!!
Bog standard USB "A" to "B" cable bballgirl14. As far as I know there are no differences between cables - they are all usb 1 and 2! It's devices that are USB1 or USB2, not the cables.

Oh, and welcome to ABx!