ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 08-15-2005, 11:05 AM   #91
Wingit
Palm Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrow
Last night in my Blackbird with our pirate corp CEO we went out a hunting... me in a blackbird him in a Wolf and another in a Celestis.

We were on the prowl going from system to system... all below .2 mind you.

We get into a .1 system and see there are a couple people in it. So we start scanning lookin to see if anyone is out and about.

We find that there is someone in a hauler (something i had never seen), out there. So we spend some time trying to track him down.

The ceo on voip says, warp to me now i go thim. Me and the Celestis warp in... I warp in and start jamming and warp disrupting immediatly. I don't even need to do any damage becase the guy was almost through his armour before the ceo says stop shooting. He was the only one shooting! he forgot to turn off one of his guns and the guy only had like 4% hull left before he estopped.

We ransomed the guy for 10million isk. and let him go once he paid.

So we were sitting around waiting for our pvp flag to wear off. when another of his corp mates starts asking in local how much he is going to need to pay to get out of the system safely.

We are just like huh? the guy could easily warp to the gate and get through before we could gank him, and if we tried we wouldn't survive we didn'th ave any ships that could tank the gate turrets if we wanted to. So we played along with the guy, even though eh could have just logged in the station, saying that he should probably just pay us now and be on his way. we got him to pay me and another guy 1 million isk each for safe passage out of the system.

too funny

ps: is posting images working again?
Who says crime doesn't pay!...lol! Yeah, posting images is working fine, let's see that Blackbird...
Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1, 4790k Haswell I7, Noctua U14S cooler w/ 2nd fan in push/pull, 16gb (2x8) G.Skill Trident X 2400, EVGA GTX 980ti FTW 6gb Video, HP 2711x Display, LG Blu-ray, Creative Z series sound, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD OS drive, WD Black 2tb Data drive, in Corsair Carbide AIR540 case, powered by Corsair HX750i, Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse, Ducky Shine 5 keyboard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 08-15-2005, 06:01 PM   #92
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

Hi Wingit!

I'm still here and hopefully I'll be online in about another 2 weeks. I'm waiting for the new Visa card to arrive

Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:12 PM   #93
Underwater Mike

Phalinx, good to hear. We're waiting for you. I have a fully equipped frigate waiting for you as soon as you train out of the starter (if you can do Caldari).

Old 08-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #94
Wingit
Palm Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalinx
Hi Wingit!

I'm still here and hopefully I'll be online in about another 2 weeks. I'm waiting for the new Visa card to arrive

Cheers
Good to hear phalinx...the ABX contingent will be waiting! We are beginning to have a good presence, with "ironart" from this forum joining us last week!
Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1, 4790k Haswell I7, Noctua U14S cooler w/ 2nd fan in push/pull, 16gb (2x8) G.Skill Trident X 2400, EVGA GTX 980ti FTW 6gb Video, HP 2711x Display, LG Blu-ray, Creative Z series sound, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD OS drive, WD Black 2tb Data drive, in Corsair Carbide AIR540 case, powered by Corsair HX750i, Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse, Ducky Shine 5 keyboard.

Old 08-15-2005, 08:50 PM   #95
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Mike
Phalinx, good to hear. We're waiting for you. I have a fully equipped frigate waiting for you as soon as you train out of the starter (if you can do Caldari).

Hi Underwater MIke and Wingit

It's been a while. I'm in hopes my new Visa card will show up soon. Anyway, I've been doing some reading over at the Eve Forums. It seems that its best to start a new character with a main emphasis on Intel and Perception development as well as training. Train as far as you can for the best ships. It is a must.

ABXCorps,

How many and what type of ships does ABXCorps have? I understand that everyone is doing mining a couple of days out of the week. One thread over at Eve suggested using a BS to haul the ore....very large capacity.

Cheers

Old 08-16-2005, 08:40 AM   #96
Wingit
Palm Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalinx
Hi Underwater MIke and Wingit

It's been a while. I'm in hopes my new Visa card will show up soon. Anyway, I've been doing some reading over at the Eve Forums. It seems that its best to start a new character with a main emphasis on Intel and Perception development as well as training. Train as far as you can for the best ships. It is a must.

ABXCorps,

How many and what type of ships does ABXCorps have? I understand that everyone is doing mining a couple of days out of the week. One thread over at Eve suggested using a BS to haul the ore....very large capacity.

Cheers
Hi phalinx, the Corps per se only owns a couple of basic ships , but the individuals have quite a diverse collection...one that is proving very popular as a good all-around miner/fighter is the Caldari "Cormorant" destroyer, as it can carry 2 mining lasers and have plenty of slots left for launchers/turrets...the cargo capacity is not great, but as we usually have storage cans onsite in belts and a member with a large transport generally available to haul, it all works out well. I don't think any ABXCorp member has the time or isk ingame to have a BS yet. Cya ingame

Old 08-16-2005, 11:16 AM   #97
Qba73
Bench This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingit
I don't think any ABXCorp member has the time or isk ingame to have a BS yet. Cya ingame
soon my friend, soon the Megathron BS will be mine..buwhahahaha.

Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
Old 08-16-2005, 11:30 AM   #98
sorrow

I'll have to come kill you in a frigate when you get it (:
Old 08-16-2005, 11:39 AM   #99
Underwater Mike

The Megathron looks like something you'd find on South Beach. Very Art Deco, IMO. I think the Apoc is the coolest of the lot, but I'm to lazy to cross-train for an Amarr ship. BTW, how can you be up for BB skills already?

I got a tactical question: On a ship like the Caracal, with strong shields but relatively weak armor, is it better to pile on the shield strengtheners, hoping you never get down to the armor? Or install some armor supplements to round things out a bit? It doesn't have gobs of slots to squander.

Last edited by Underwater Mike; 08-16-2005 at 11:46 AM..
Old 08-16-2005, 11:52 AM   #100
Qba73
Bench This

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrow
I'll have to come kill you in a frigate when you get it (:
lol...
Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
Old 08-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #101
Wingit
Palm Rat

Quote:

I got a tactical question: On a ship like the Caracal, with strong shields but relatively weak armor, is it better to pile on the shield strengtheners, hoping you never get down to the armor? Or install some armor supplements to round things out a bit? It doesn't have gobs of slots to squander.
faced with a similiar prob on Stabber, I went temp with 200mm Nanofiber for a 330hp boost and only5% speed penalty (11cpu, 10powergrid)...I am training up 1 level for 400mm Nanofiber though for 660 boost, still only 55 speed hit (16cpi, 30powergrid). These were the best compromise i could find...fill in the emp hole in your shields if you have one and you should be good to go.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:58 AM   #102
Qba73
Bench This

Quote:
The Megathron looks like something you'd find on South Beach. Very Art Deco, IMO. I think the Apoc is the coolest of the lot, but I'm to lazy to cross-train for an Amarr ship. BTW, how can you be up for BB skills already?

i love the design of it. yeah im too lazy to cross train as well.

because i maxed out my learning skills lv4 & 5, implants and trained ship command lv4 early.
all i need now is crusier lv4 and battleship lv2 (currently on crusier lv3) and battleship skill is sitting in the hanger waiting to be trained as soon as lv4 cruiser is complete. would have to put my current weapons on my celi (3 250mm compressed gaus rails and 2 arbalest heavy launchers) on the mega until the large turrent and cruise missle launcher is trained.

but lately i have been training my mining skills so it has delayed my BS somewhat.
Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
Old 08-16-2005, 12:00 PM   #103
sorrow

Mike i would say it depends on what you want to do with the Caracal.

for NPC hunting, ya fit a large shield booster and some modules that increase your cap recharge rate.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:49 PM   #104
Qba73
Bench This

new toy, click on the link below to see the BC Green Goblin

Green Goblin
Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
Old 08-17-2005, 11:58 PM   #105
Wingit
Palm Rat

Second weekly ABXCorp mining event went well...good isk for all and minimal "rista problems...a few screenies of course;

ABX fleet arriving -

making small rocks out of big ones :