ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 10-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
stanmarketng

White Screen

Hi guys!!!

Just get some advice. If all of a sudden my Laptop screen turns white, there is something wrong with my motherboard?

Tq
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 10-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
ctal
Eschews Obfuscation

Re: White Screen

Could be, but conceivably it could also be due to a problem with the inverter (the high voltage power supply for the lcd backlight) or the lcd panel itself. The inverter is immediately below the lcd panel, under the bezel which surrounds the panel. It could also be due to a loose connection between the video cable and the panel (which is only accessible by removing the covers of the lcd assembly).

My guess would be that the panel itself is the most likely culprit.

You can most likely find inexpensive replacements for both the panel and the inverter on eBay, and install them yourself if basic service instructions for the laptop are available at the manufacturer's website.

Regards,
-- Al

Last edited by ctal; 10-17-2009 at 01:01 PM..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote