ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 01-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
ultralexy

Question Final Visual or Decoy?

It seems that the powers that be at Microsoft have decided to use the Vista Aero visual as the final user interface. In this weeks podcast at PowerUser.tv, an interview with Microsoft developers confirm that there will be no major changes to the look and feel of Vista from what’s being seen in build 5270. Some of you may remember hearing a similar profession from Microsoft with the beta and final versions of XP. So naturally, there’s a lot of speculation on whether they intend to try to pull off the same surprise with Vista. And with the speculation, also comes a lot of hope that they will indeed “WOW” us with a completely new visual because as of right now, AERO is just not that outstanding. It has a few slick effects, and sure it's new, but it’s lacking the pizzazz we’ve all been waiting for.

Here’s a mini-screenshot of Vista’s current visual and start menu and if that’s not enough for you to get an idea of what’s to come, here’s a link to the full screenshot version from Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/e...s/image002.jpg

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 10-26-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
Seansmit17
Special Member - Vista Babble Promoter

Decoy i reckon lol... start menu and task bar have changed so thats not what vista will look like... close tho
Old 10-26-2006, 06:42 AM   #3
crabby
Super Moderator

Lol... you just bumped a COMPLETELY DEAD thread!!! Why would you do that? WHY>?! ITS 10 MONTHS OLD!!!

Obviously the visual style of vista has come along way I would also note hte we still don't know what the sounds are like... or even what the proper boot logo will be... or what skins they will release vista with... whether they may add window manipulation... lots of stuff still not finalised

crabby