ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 02-12-2003, 03:19 PM   #46
MoonWizard
Watercooled Wizard. Eek..

I still got 6.3 hrs left folding on my WU...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 02-12-2003, 04:06 PM   #47
anfo1369

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by anfo1369
I'm in....
just switched over
I feel all warm and fuzzy now

btw...when I go to bed I change my cpu usage to full throttle; and when i'm just surfing or what not, I lower to about 65-70%. When I want to play a game, I lower it all the way (but keep it running).
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikki
anfo1369, how do you do that?
if you are running the Windows client, like I am, there is an icon in the system tray. Right-click that, select configure. Then at the top, there are three tabs: user, connection, advanced. Select Advance, there is a slider bar that will allow you to designate how much of your processor to use.
Enjoy

HAPPY FOLDING

...at the time of my switch over, I had a 400 wu that was almost complete. It finished after the name change. sweet!
Old 02-12-2003, 04:22 PM   #48
Mikki

YoBoGo, no! Thank you!! hehe...I never dreamed this would kick off this big, this fast...wow....

Any P4 system and any number of machines...I did ask in the beginning, but no one seemed to care either way, so I say---if you've gotta P4 (or two or three ), come join us!!!

Sup Dawg, that's cool bud, and thanks...I'm actually impressed that you'll join when you're that high, I don't expect any of the top guys to join...thanks a lot!!!

I think an oc'ed 2.26b will be your best bet...I think it's strange that you can't even get to 133fsb tho...what board are you using?

Moon Wizard, me too...I guess-timate 2 am completion...

anfo1369, thanks for the info, but I'm running the DOS console...

Keep up the great work guys!!
Old 02-12-2003, 04:35 PM   #49
MoonWizard
Watercooled Wizard. Eek..

Mikki, yeah... I would prbly be done around 4 am.... IF I didn't turn off my computer every night...
Old 02-12-2003, 04:37 PM   #50
Mikki

hehe...the only time my computer is off is when I have it ripped apart.......which is quite often
Old 02-12-2003, 04:39 PM   #51
pointreyes
The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

Quote:
hehe...the only time my computer is off is when I have it ripped apart.......which is quite often
Folding is a strange addiction. You will notice that you will not want to make as many hardware changes because you don't want to stop folding. I'm not even willing to get rid of my P4PE system until I get my new system built, then the customer can buy the P4PE, I just can't give up a few days from folding. Plus, I have to test the system by folding for a few days before I can ensure a stable system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:44 PM   #52
Mikki

I know whatcha mean... I was like this even before, I just don't like shutting it down...I'll run MemTest or Prime95 or download something while I'm at work or in bed...
Old 02-12-2003, 04:56 PM   #53
YoBoGo
Watered

I will get everything changed over tonight, should be able to contribute about 300+ pts/week and besides I was never going to be able to break the top 10 by myself!
WIN XP PRO SP2 * NFORCE 91.31 * DIRECTX 9.0C

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-12-2003, 05:09 PM   #54
Mikki

So does that mean I can add ya to the list? 300+ per week?!! Wow! We're gonna tear it up!!!

...and that's why I started this, cause it was physically impossible to make it to the top by myself...
Old 02-12-2003, 05:13 PM   #55
SupDawg

Quote:
YoBoGo, no! Thank you
Sup Dawg, that's cool bud, and thanks...I'm actually impressed that you'll join when you're that high, I don't expect any of the top guys to join...thanks a lot!!!

Well, I have a P4t533-c. So no pci/agp lock. I already have a 2.26. Can't get past 150 fsb due to memory/ pci/agp lock.

So i think that my best bet would an 'a' cpu and run it at 133 to keep pci in spec and get a nice overclock..

BTW, back on the subject.
I am at 920 points. With 3 20 pointers crunching away. So I will prbably be up to 1000 points in like 2 days!
Old 02-12-2003, 05:22 PM   #56
Mikki

Okay, gotcha, you may be right....I don't know much about that board...no worries tho, you'll still be a huge contributor...
Old 02-12-2003, 05:24 PM   #57
YoBoGo
Watered

Quote:
So does that mean I can add ya to the list? 300+ per week?!! Wow! We're gonna tear it up!!!

...and that's why I started this, cause it was physically impossible to make it to the top by myself...
Yep, add me in!
WIN XP PRO SP2 * NFORCE 91.31 * DIRECTX 9.0C

Old 02-12-2003, 05:35 PM   #58
Mikki

You're in there buddy---and here's to ya!!! Welcome!!
Old 02-12-2003, 06:21 PM   #59
swannema
????????????????

Switch is done. No more swannema is folding.
Old 02-12-2003, 06:31 PM   #60
Mikki

Quote:
Originally posted by swannema
Switch is done. No more swannema is folding.