ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 02-26-2005, 02:45 AM   #16
SupDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Mike
Isn't the same thing as adding "bigpackets=yes" to the client.cfg file? Or is that something different?
Yes it is the same thing.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 03-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #17
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

SupDawg

I started having problems running dual consoles for the past two days. My machine would lockup. I guess too many resources were calling on limited cpu cycles even w/hyperthreading. I still run two consoles; however, I had to make a change in the -config % (cpu useage). I now run the first console at 100 and the second at 75.

Cpu Usage it at 88% w/both consoles going and pf is 428mb. My machine is running smooth again.

Cheers

Phalinx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:36 PM   #18
SupDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalinx
SupDawg

I started having problems running dual consoles for the past two days. My machine would lockup. I guess too many resources were calling on limited cpu cycles even w/hyperthreading. I still run two consoles; however, I had to make a change in the -config % (cpu useage). I now run the first console at 100 and the second at 75.

Cpu Usage it at 88% w/both consoles going and pf is 428mb. My machine is running smooth again.

Cheers

Phalinx
Yeah, those big WUs use quite a bit of RAM.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #19
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

SupDawg

Had another lockup today. Had to drop both consoles to 75%. Cpu usage is now 75% and pf is 418mb. Hopefully, it won't lockup anymore. Cpu temps are fine. Case is cool. Ofcourse, in another post of mine, I've stated my 3.0c is starting to crap-out on me. It's time to build a server. I thought it through and I can nolonger work with mutiapps on one hyperthreaded cpu. I need something else.
-------------------------
Leaning towards this sys config

Asus NCCH-DL w/2 X 2.8ea or 2 X 3.2ea
2 gig (4x512)ddr400 2225 GSkill
Anetec 550eps12v

Cheers

Phalinx

Old 03-04-2005, 11:37 AM   #20
VSEKH
Fold for ABX

Since your machine is locking up on you while folding, it looks like your overclock is unstable. You shouldn't have to change the cpu utilization lower than 100%. Try lowering the FSB a little until your system becomes stable.
Folding Rig:Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, Powercolor X300SE, Audigy2zs, 4G DDR2-800 Mushkin memory, Plextor PX-760, Pair of 74GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & Seagate 750GB SATA drives, PC Power & Cooling 610 watt PSU, Coolermaster Cosmos case

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus Formula SE, Intel QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, EVGA 8800GTX, 4GB of GSkill DDR2-1000, Audigy XFi fatality, Samsung 203B, Pair of 150GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & 1TB Hitachi Sata hard drives, PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU, Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01 case

Old 03-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #21
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

VSEKH

You're probably right. I've noticed that it's taking a lot longer to do the 600 point gromacs now. When I first started with 2 consoles everything went fine. That was about a week ago. Now, the computer locks up and it could very well be the overclock is an issue. I've never had a problem until these past 3 weeks w/ the cpu.

I've never had a problem burning a disk while browsing the net. When I was at 2 consoles at 100 ea., I could still browse the next and do extra tasks. Now, it's like pulling teeth. I do have zone alarm and avast on. Could that be an issue??

Cheers

Phalinx

Old 03-04-2005, 01:51 PM   #22
FB

F@H is usually one of the best test for testing stability.

i would turn your Overclock down some because it is no F@H stable.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #23
MANOWAR
Call To Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB -|-+
F@H is usually one of the best test for testing stability.
Well put! I built myself a dedicated folding rig last week and it has been folding 24/7 since. I turned it off once so I could overclock but it has been running constant other than that. No errors or problems.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #24
VSEKH
Fold for ABX

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalinx
VSEKH

You're probably right. I've noticed that it's taking a lot longer to do the 600 point gromacs now. When I first started with 2 consoles everything went fine. That was about a week ago. Now, the computer locks up and it could very well be the overclock is an issue. I've never had a problem until these past 3 weeks w/ the cpu.

I've never had a problem burning a disk while browsing the net. When I was at 2 consoles at 100 ea., I could still browse the next and do extra tasks. Now, it's like pulling teeth. I do have zone alarm and avast on. Could that be an issue??

Cheers

Phalinx
Zone Alarm and avast will not affect stability of your system. Try scanning for spyware using Spybot S&D and Adaware Personal SE.
Folding Rig:Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, Powercolor X300SE, Audigy2zs, 4G DDR2-800 Mushkin memory, Plextor PX-760, Pair of 74GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & Seagate 750GB SATA drives, PC Power & Cooling 610 watt PSU, Coolermaster Cosmos case

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus Formula SE, Intel QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, EVGA 8800GTX, 4GB of GSkill DDR2-1000, Audigy XFi fatality, Samsung 203B, Pair of 150GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & 1TB Hitachi Sata hard drives, PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU, Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01 case

Old 03-05-2005, 07:42 AM   #25
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

VSEKH

I lowered the fbs to 240. Running 2 consoles now. One is at 100 and the other is 75. I wanted a little head room for other programs. I'll post back later this afternoon and let you know if the machine locks up again.

Cheers

Phalinx

Old 03-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #26
Arutha_abx
There is no fear...

-advmethods

I'm running my consoles with the -advmethods do I need to take it out to get the new larger size packet in? Can you do both or one or the other? I forget what the -advmethods did, but that is how I have been running for a while.
P4C800-E-Deluxe, P4 3.2, 2x512 Mushkin PC3500 Level one(2-3-2-6 timings@200FSB), VisionTek XTASY Radeon X850XT PE,Audigy2 ZS,Aspire Turbo 500W, Aspire X-SuperAlien(blue), 16XDVD(Lite On), 8X NEC2500A ±RW DVD Burner, Dell 20.1" 2005FPW LCD

"He who can Destroy a thing, controls a thing"
Paul Muad'Dib

Old 03-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #27
VSEKH
Fold for ABX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha
I'm running my consoles with the -advmethods do I need to take it out to get the new larger size packet in? Can you do both or one or the other? I forget what the -advmethods did, but that is how I have been running for a while.
All "-advmethods" does is allow your machine to use beta proteins that have not been released.

You still have to run a "-config", then enable "allow packets greater than 5MB".

Old 03-05-2005, 05:20 PM   #28
Arutha_abx
There is no fear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSEKH
All "-advmethods" does is allow your machine to use beta proteins that have not been released.

You still have to run a "-config", then enable "allow packets greater than 5MB".
I did that and I don't believe I ever saw the option for the packets question. Although I tried doing that at 5am this morning so I probably wasn't awake enough to do it right When I get home from work tonight I'll do the -config again and look around and see what is going on.
P4C800-E-Deluxe, P4 3.2, 2x512 Mushkin PC3500 Level one(2-3-2-6 timings@200FSB), VisionTek XTASY Radeon X850XT PE,Audigy2 ZS,Aspire Turbo 500W, Aspire X-SuperAlien(blue), 16XDVD(Lite On), 8X NEC2500A ±RW DVD Burner, Dell 20.1" 2005FPW LCD

"He who can Destroy a thing, controls a thing"
Paul Muad'Dib

Old 03-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #29
VSEKH
Fold for ABX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha
I did that and I don't believe I ever saw the option for the packets question. Although I tried doing that at 5am this morning so I probably wasn't awake enough to do it right When I get home from work tonight I'll do the -config again and look around and see what is going on.
Also, the option is only there if you are using the 5.02 version of the text console. If you are still using the old version, download version 5.02. Then, create new shortcuts and do the -config and enable the option.

Old 03-05-2005, 08:54 PM   #30
SupDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSEKH
Also, the option is only there if you are using the 5.02 version of the text console. If you are still using the old version, download version 5.02. Then, create new shortcuts and do the -config and enable the option.
This is untrue, look at the pic in the first post.. 5.0