ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 03-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #46
VSEKH
Fold for ABX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDealer
Is this for hyper-threading only? My P4 Willamette at the office doesn't have this option.
This is option is only available with P4's that support hyper-threading.
Folding Rig:Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, Powercolor X300SE, Audigy2zs, 4G DDR2-800 Mushkin memory, Plextor PX-760, Pair of 74GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & Seagate 750GB SATA drives, PC Power & Cooling 610 watt PSU, Coolermaster Cosmos case

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus Formula SE, Intel QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, EVGA 8800GTX, 4GB of GSkill DDR2-1000, Audigy XFi fatality, Samsung 203B, Pair of 150GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & 1TB Hitachi Sata hard drives, PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU, Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01 case

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 03-07-2005, 11:58 AM   #47
FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha
You suck! Your going to make me upgrade with comments like that, then my wife will probably leave me, do you want that on your conscious?
not really, just thought i would share.
the way i increased my PPD was to upgrade to an A64
now don't go doing anything drastic.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:15 AM   #48
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

VSEKH

Would you set the cores to High priority or real time for more productivity?

Cheers

Phalinx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:36 AM   #49
VSEKH
Fold for ABX

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalinx
VSEKH

Would you set the cores to High priority or real time for more productivity?

Cheers

Phalinx
I leave the priority to low in task manager.

But, if you want FAH to run more often and have higher priority, you can run a -config for your text console and change the priority from idle to low. I had to do this on my PIII laptop since it only has 128mb of ram.
Folding Rig:Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, Powercolor X300SE, Audigy2zs, 4G DDR2-800 Mushkin memory, Plextor PX-760, Pair of 74GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & Seagate 750GB SATA drives, PC Power & Cooling 610 watt PSU, Coolermaster Cosmos case

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus Formula SE, Intel QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, EVGA 8800GTX, 4GB of GSkill DDR2-1000, Audigy XFi fatality, Samsung 203B, Pair of 150GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & 1TB Hitachi Sata hard drives, PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU, Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01 case

Old 03-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #50
Arutha_abx
There is no fear...

Angry Im so mad

Well I got home from work, only to find out that my computer locked up when my son went to go play a game. I guess my wife said the whole system was locked up and she had to reset it. So 62 hours into the 600pt gromac the core was corrupted and I lost it. :bigcry: Good news is I still have the other one going So atleast I should get one of them. I told my wife from now on that if our son wants to play a game she needs to shut down the folding consoles before he is to play anything. I may not get done as quick, but atleast I won't loose it from being corrupted!
P4C800-E-Deluxe, P4 3.2, 2x512 Mushkin PC3500 Level one(2-3-2-6 timings@200FSB), VisionTek XTASY Radeon X850XT PE,Audigy2 ZS,Aspire Turbo 500W, Aspire X-SuperAlien(blue), 16XDVD(Lite On), 8X NEC2500A ±RW DVD Burner, Dell 20.1" 2005FPW LCD

"He who can Destroy a thing, controls a thing"
Paul Muad'Dib

Old 03-10-2005, 01:57 AM   #51
SupDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha
Well I got home from work, only to find out that my computer locked up when my son went to go play a game. I guess my wife said the whole system was locked up and she had to reset it. So 62 hours into the 600pt gromac the core was corrupted and I lost it. :bigcry: Good news is I still have the other one going So atleast I should get one of them. I told my wife from now on that if our son wants to play a game she needs to shut down the folding consoles before he is to play anything. I may not get done as quick, but atleast I won't loose it from being corrupted!
Do you use the consoles or the service? Reason I ask because the service is much more stable. I think it does more checkpoints. If you unexpectantly crash with the service, I have never lost a unit. But I can't say that about the console.

Sorry for your loss. , those 600s are hard to come by. I have yet to receive one since they readded them to the servers.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:17 AM   #52
Arutha_abx
There is no fear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawg
Do you use the consoles or the service? Reason I ask because the service is much more stable. I think it does more checkpoints. If you unexpectantly crash with the service, I have never lost a unit. But I can't say that about the console.

Sorry for your loss. , those 600s are hard to come by. I have yet to receive one since they readded them to the servers.
I use the consoles, how do you go abou using the service? is it option off of the console?
P4C800-E-Deluxe, P4 3.2, 2x512 Mushkin PC3500 Level one(2-3-2-6 timings@200FSB), VisionTek XTASY Radeon X850XT PE,Audigy2 ZS,Aspire Turbo 500W, Aspire X-SuperAlien(blue), 16XDVD(Lite On), 8X NEC2500A ±RW DVD Burner, Dell 20.1" 2005FPW LCD

"He who can Destroy a thing, controls a thing"
Paul Muad'Dib

Old 03-10-2005, 12:22 PM   #53
SupDawg

Check the first post. Run the -config line and it is an option to install as a service.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:58 PM   #54
FB

i use the FAH service installer
works awesome

Last edited by FB; 02-01-2006 at 02:34 AM..