ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 12-28-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
pointreyes
The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

VMware 6.0 Beta is available for public testing

VMware Workstation 6 Beta

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-10-2007, 03:51 AM   #2
SubZero

Goody goody, I have to find time to try this one. But I think I will wait for version 6 final..
Old 01-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
pointreyes
The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

If using Vista as host, I recommend sticking with 5.5.3. Hopefully, the next release of 6.0 will be better. Many of us are forced to use NAT instead of bridged mode - after so many problems with software installations on vista as host, I gave up - recovered my XP Pro image and happily said good-bye to vista until later. May give vista a chance as a guest OS; don't know if I want to go through the agony of vista as host anytime too soon now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:05 AM   #4
SubZero

For personal use I would say, the agony will be quiet small. If find Vista to be the best OS released since I can remember. Not to say it is perfect but all other OS releases have given me many more headaches than this one.

On the networking abbilities of VMware, if I have always found them to be messing up my system to a point where I just had to delete all the VMware networking drivers or vmware completely.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
pointreyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
For personal use I would say, the agony will be quiet small. If find Vista to be the best OS released since I can remember. Not to say it is perfect but all other OS releases have given me many more headaches than this one.
Lucky you. I'm finding it hard to even capitalize the "v" in vista. Wish MS would get vista RTM to me soon; hopefully it's vastly improved over RC1 (build 5700). Growing very tired of trying vista only to recover XP Pro image in order to have all the working programs I use.