ABXZone Computer  Forums

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:49 AM   #31
neonfish07

Re: what do you use to design a web site?

Photoshop/Illustrator to create composite layout and then DEV-PHP text editor

WYSIWYG editors have serious flaws, and sites made entirely in Flash present accessibility problems to those with visual disabilities
(Offline)  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 05-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #32
BoWevil
Non-expert

It installs nicely under WINE, although for some reason the application doesn't recognize that Adobe Flash is installed. It really isn't a problem, though. It is easy to work around the problem.
(Offline)  
Old 12-15-2008, 02:02 AM   #33
irfan

i think frontpage and all software r good. use the software with carefully . u can make a good wesite.
(Offline)  
Old 03-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #34
DeusExMachina
ABX Folder

HTML-KIT.

To me it's better than Dreamweaver (a bloated whale of a WYSIWYG editor), and has many plugins for doing XHTML/CSS/PHP/ASP/Cold Fusion/JAVA/Javascript/DHTML...if it's a web technology, there's a plugin!
(Offline)  
Old 06-13-2009, 12:26 AM   #35
acewebdesign

Thumbs up Re: what do you use to design a web site?

Why Use a PHP Framework? The Benefits Explained

I first started looking into PHP frameworks last year, looking at a variety of frameworks including cake, symfony and finally Zend Framework.

When I got around to Zend Framework I was nearly ready to give up in programming with a framework, as I didn't have a clear understanding of the MVC style of programming.

When I began looking into it I found though, that this is something that when I get used to the different style of coding, could save a valuable amount of time, and allow me to offer features to clients, that previously just would not be cost effective.

The main benefits of using a php framework I have found are as follows:

Time saving - The amount of time saved by not having to type in complex code in a lot of situations cuts the time of many projects by over 50% in most cases.

Reuse of code - Many web sites that you develop have common features. Because of the way that each part of the code is separate, you are able to copy over controllers, models and view folders to the next project. An example of this is that in every project that requires a content management system(CMS) we are able to copy across the login system. Something that used to be quite a time consuming process. Now we copy it across, and add the users, and we are set to go.

Access to services API's - with the way that the web is moving these days, having the ability to twitter, yahoo and Google amongst others is a great way of expanding a web site with ease.

Community assistance - There is a large community out there which is always willing to help. When you are proficient with the framework, you can also assist others, which will also improve your coding experience.(Not to mention the warm fuzzy feeling that you get for helping)

Easy plugin creation - When you have a feature you want to add to the framework, just simply create a plugin, in a directory that you can copy to all your projects. I created a image resizing plugin, which allows me to upload an image and resize it with 3 lines of code. Unbelievable, when you consider how long this would usually take and the best thing is, once I made it, I have this feature available in all future projects. The time saving benefits can be enormous.

I still have a long way to go with learning many of the features, but with the rapid progress that I'm making with learning Zend Framework, the future is looking bright, and I may be able to spend more time on other areas such as marketing for our Adelaide Web Design customers web sites and bringing in exciting new features to their web sites.

Paul Purczel is an Adelaide Web Designer specializing in Content Management systems, Ecommerce web sites and Search Engine Optimization
(Offline)  
Old 09-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #36
WolfSoul

Notepad lol
Been exploring CMS solutions the last days but yea
LG BH10LS38 BluRay Burner - Plextor PX-L890SA DVD Burner
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF OC 2GB
Dell U2412M - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround System - Creative Tactic3D Wrath
Logitech G19 Gaming keyboard - Logitech G9X laser Gaming Mouse
(Offline)  
Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 AM   #37
strokescribe

Eclipse IDE (eclipse.org) as advanced Notepad with code formatting
(Offline)  
Old 10-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #38
hostcats

We use all the tools for Web Designing...
(Offline)  
Old 10-12-2010, 03:24 AM   #39
Shweta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogar View Post
Designing, developing, and programming are different things. As a guess, about 90% of the design professionals use Dreamweaver. FrontPage and GoLive mess with your markup or the markup of an existing site and rewrite whatever they please. Dreamweaver leaves existing markup alone (except for recommending changes to get rid of errors). Dreamweaver uses essentially no "proprietary" elements, attributes, or scripts and it has a reasonably intuitive WYSIWYG interface that can be readily switched with a code view, should you want to look at things.

For programming or developing, I have typically used Linux applications, since the sites I work with run on UNIX or Linux servers and writing CGI scripts and programs in Perl works well on those platforms. Therefore, I most like Quanta Plus for programming, although I have been known to use Emacs occasionally.

I agree with you. Dreamweaver is really a powerful tool that is why it is being widely used in the world for designing purpose as ir supports both html and WYSIWYG features.
(Offline)  
Old 10-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #40
Shweta

Quote:
Originally Posted by acewebdesign View Post

Why Use a PHP Framework? The Benefits Explained

I first started looking into PHP frameworks last year, looking at a variety of frameworks including cake, symfony and finally Zend Framework.

When I got around to Zend Framework I was nearly ready to give up in programming with a framework, as I didn't have a clear understanding of the MVC style of programming.

When I began looking into it I found though, that this is something that when I get used to the different style of coding, could save a valuable amount of time, and allow me to offer features to clients, that previously just would not be cost effective.

The main benefits of using a php framework I have found are as follows:

Time saving - The amount of time saved by not having to type in complex code in a lot of situations cuts the time of many projects by over 50% in most cases.

Reuse of code - Many web sites that you develop have common features. Because of the way that each part of the code is separate, you are able to copy over controllers, models and view folders to the next project. An example of this is that in every project that requires a content management system(CMS) we are able to copy across the login system. Something that used to be quite a time consuming process. Now we copy it across, and add the users, and we are set to go.

Access to services API's - with the way that the web is moving these days, having the ability to twitter, yahoo and Google amongst others is a great way of expanding a web site with ease.

Community assistance - There is a large community out there which is always willing to help. When you are proficient with the framework, you can also assist others, which will also improve your coding experience.(Not to mention the warm fuzzy feeling that you get for helping)

Easy plugin creation - When you have a feature you want to add to the framework, just simply create a plugin, in a directory that you can copy to all your projects. I created a image resizing plugin, which allows me to upload an image and resize it with 3 lines of code. Unbelievable, when you consider how long this would usually take and the best thing is, once I made it, I have this feature available in all future projects. The time saving benefits can be enormous.

I still have a long way to go with learning many of the features, but with the rapid progress that I'm making with learning Zend Framework, the future is looking bright, and I may be able to spend more time on other areas such as marketing for our Adelaide Web Design customers web sites and bringing in exciting new features to their web sites.

Paul Purczel is an Adelaide Web Designer specializing in Content Management systems, Ecommerce web sites and Search Engine Optimization

acewebdesign;1436742]

Very True.I heard a lot about PHP frameworks but initially I was biased that should I really go with PHP frameworks or chose any other language but, as someone suggested me to go with PHP I started with PHP before 3-4 months back, and found it very strong language and as it is Open Source therefore help is very easily available.
(Offline)  
Old 07-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #41
losdo

i prefer to use dreamweaver....
(Offline)  
Old 08-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #42
meena05

Smile Re: what do you use to design a web site?

Meena

Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5, the industry-leading web design software, is an outstanding visual HTML editor and superb code editor
(Offline)  
Old 08-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #43
middi

Mostly all professionals use Dreamweaver and being a professional i also use Dreamweaver.
(Offline)  
Old 08-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #44
Mandyr

I use dream-weaver or flash to design a site.
(Offline)  
Old 01-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #45
asye288

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamawho View Post
We use Frontpage and our estore is running on oscommerce.
Can you tell me more about the oscommerce? I am planning to switch my e-commerce platform from a proprietary one to something like oscommerce, Magento or Microsoft CS Server. Any idea which one is better.

FYI, I have 6000 products on our website and going to be 10,000 in next 12 months. I need feature rich, easy-to-maintain, flexible + inexpensive solution. Please advise.
(Offline)  
Closed Thread