ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 01-23-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
yamawho
Linux user

KDE 4 is going to be huge

I just watched the entire KDE4 launch keynote (80 mins) which explains all the under lining new technology that sits behind all the new eye candy and it is really exciting to see where open source is going. If anyone didn't think KDE4 brought many changes you need to watch this...

Like KDE4 apps running on Windows and OSX is gonna be huge!

KDE 4 to be released before the end of January.

KDE 4.0 Release Event Keynote - Aaron Seigo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
FearFactory
The FC.Porto dragon!

Re: KDE 4 is going to be huge

Already tried the Kubuntu KDE 4.0 Live cd, it looks good
AMD Phenom II X2 555BE 3.2Ghz AM3 (OC x4 3.7Ghz),CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus, Asus M5A99X Evo , 2x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance, VGA PowerColor HD6950 2GB DDR5, Asus DVDRW, Seagate 2TB SATA, Seagate 500 SATA, PSU Nox Hummer M 650W, Asus ML239 23' IPS
Old 01-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
k0NG0
Remembering TQ

He talks and paces and talks and paces and... Well. Got a bit bored. Sounds nice though. And the default look is much nicer than before, although it's looks a lot like Vista.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use
-

Feeling multicore elation? Remember this correlation:
Old 01-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #4
S.SubZero
Vista x64 User

I tried Kubuntu with KDE4 in a virtual machine and was not particularly impressed. I'm not sure who their user interface people are but they don't do *anything* the way I do apparently. I couldn't even figure out how to make the wallpaper a solid color, nor find any way to launch a terminal. The "launch" button interface seems to be purposely designed to be different than Vista, but at the same time look just like Vista. The settings page of course looks almost identical to OS X.

It had graphical errors in Virtualbox and turned me off, so I nuked the VM.