ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 01-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #16
Znod
ABXpert

UAC is off for me. But, on the other hand, I leave my door open too--with three pitbulls behind it, a tripwire in the hallway, and two 44 magnums under my pillow. Anyway, that description is analogous to what happens if some badware comes through my door.

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][/COLOR]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 02-05-2008, 06:16 AM   #17
allen6368

Always there for you.. if any assistance required on my part http://windowsoperatingsystem.blogsome.com/
Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 AM   #18
crabby
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kees View Post
Thanks for getting back to me Crabby.. I have a lot of old quick time video footage and want to make a movie using windows movie maker. Some of my video footage of the kids work (I think they are in mpeg)however the quick time ones don't work. Have tried the k lite codec and other things but no luck. Now when I go to play the the vids that work WMP doesn't even work now!! Hope you can help
Kees
Right, Kees, your issue is the fact that Movie Maker doesn't support third party codecs. So basically all you can do is convert them to something that does, or use software which accepts .mov files.

If you want to convert, there is a lot of freeware out there that can help, just search for video converter or something.

If you want a different editor, I don't know of a free one with .mov support sorry.

Hope this helps.

crabby
Old 02-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #19
Znod
ABXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen6368 View Post
Always there for you.. if any assistance required on my part http://windowsoperatingsystem.blogsome.com/
Huh? Please clarify your comment and, if pertinent, its connection with your given link.

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][/COLOR]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
Old 02-07-2008, 02:06 AM   #20
allen6368

Well Znod what i was about to state that you can ask for any short of assistance or cross check the link with the latest updates that may intrest you along.. And comeing on to the story of the "thread die?" why u want so?

Vista SP1 Available by mid march
Security increased on Vista and XP
Optimizing Vista
Windows Operating Systen Blog
Old 03-05-2008, 02:38 AM   #21
allen6368

Hi Friends it's a long time heard from you all.. So how did you find the post was it technically sound for the information provide.. plz provide your input's and some addition to the tweaks you get along..

Your Inputs are welcome...
Old 03-05-2008, 03:20 AM   #22
Techcrunch

Nice tips. Why don't you link to any article. I would add using any other defragmentator.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:26 AM   #23
Techcrunch

Check in the start menu properties. There is an option to turn Run command off and on. Probably that should fix the problem.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:44 AM   #24
allen6368

HI Friends thanks for all your response to this thread... I will try to add some of my more recent updates soon for all of you here... till then keep it counting
Old 12-05-2008, 10:12 PM   #25
xsaviorx1

thanks for the tips!!! it really help me a lot:thanks

Old 12-13-2008, 02:12 AM   #26
marshtric

thanks
for all the info
for speeding upt the vista version on my pc
Old 03-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #28
magnat_pvl

Exclamation

Thanks for the tips.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #29
kamal22

3. ReadyBoost

ReadyBoost is one of the more innovative features of Vista. The idea behind it is to use solid state memory as a secondary memory cache (before hard drive caching). It does require a certain level of speed from your USB (or other) flash drive. Do a quick search on google for just the fastest USB flash drive you can get your hands on (donít worry they are cheap) and buy one. To enable ReadyBoost, just plug in a fast flash drive, and AutoPlay should come up with a dialog stating that you can use it for readyboost. If you have disabled it, you can just go to the properties for the drive and select it under the readyboost tab. Easy as cake. It is no substitution for RAM, but one can get a several GB flash drive for very little. Some sites have stated that the improvements are not as much as MS says they are, but even a minor improvement for such a low investment makes this worth your while. Do find the best drive you can for random reads/writes (the drive speed is usually rated for sequential reads which wonít help you much). What speed drive do I need? 2.5MB/sec throughput for 4K random reads and 1.75MB/sec throughput for 512K random writes. What size drive do I need? 256MB to 4GB, where as best performance is gotten at around a 1:1 to a 2:1 flash to ram ratio. So really, you should never try this with a flash drive smaller than 1GB-2GB. Continue on, and see the rest. Iíll get more complex as I go.
Thanks
VS

Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #30
vsss5

All that you need is to type the name of the executable, e.g. cmd, in the Start Search dialog box.

or

Step 2:.....

U can try the old trick of pressing Windows Key and R, which launched the Run box.

Vista's new behaviour of hiding the Run command is clearly 'by design'. Perhaps future generations of ordinary users will not be aware of the existence of Run and CMD. Hiding the 'Run' command, seems like a pre-empt of Group Policies, since they usually prevent ordinary users seeing the Run box.
thanks