ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 03-13-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
bayster912

Secondary Drive stopped working

I can't get access to the Secondary drive on my PC. It was working last night, but suddenly today it's not accessible. In Device Manager everything looks fine, it's there, says its working normally. But the icon in 'My Computer' which normally shows it has gone and the shortcuts on my desktop to files on the drive don't work. Anybody any idea what is going on ? Have tried rebooting, makes no difference
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 03-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
crabby
Super Moderator

That is weird and is usually due to the drive not being formatted in a windows format. As you were using it yesterday fine, it could be that Vista has gone crazy, have to tried restoring to a point before yesterday? If so and the issue is still there, grab a partition manager and check to see if it can see the space. If it can, then try and repair the partition table and prey it works, because otherwise you'll have to reformat it :scared:

crabby
Old 03-13-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
airman
ABXpert

I just thought I would ask it is internal drive and have you checked to see if it is shown in the disk management part of the control panel. Change data cable to HD or check connections boot into safe mode and see if it listed ten in computer. I thought I only had these weird problems happen to me. What was the drive used for backup storage etc.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Laptop HP Pavilion dv9720US 17.3 Wide Screen Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit Family Mobile
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on Asus P5Q Pro Turbo/Intel C2D6750 2.66/Zalman Cooler/4gig memory/Sapphire HD6770 Vapor-X/DVR2250/Antec PS 550 watt/HT Omega Sound card/Antec P-182 Gun Metal Case/ My System
Windows 7 Ultimate 32/ Asus P5P800SE MB/ P-D 945 3.4gig/3gig memory/HD1600 ATI/Antec 550 PS/Antec Case SLK3000B Wifes System Plus numerious hard drives and burners etc in all systems