ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 07-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
makka

Vista Assistance

I need of some assistance.

I have a client's laptop in which it will not load Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) properly. Supposedly before it got to me it would load windows fine but then nothing would work on the desktop. Once I got it windows would not load at all. It will just hang at the loading screen. Tried safe mode and it hangs when loading the crcdisk.sys. Tried looking up some info on that and i've seen everything from a bad drive to a bad hard drive.

First step is to retreive the information off of the hard drive. This is a Compaq with a recovery partition so worse case I'll just start that puppy up (assuming this isn't a faulty HD) and be on my way. Can't load into safe mode. Tried use a live CD but Linux see's the drive in use so I can't mount it. If I could mount it I would just pull the information onto a thumb drive and burn it to a DVD for them. Any thoughts as how to mount the drive OR another way to pull the data off? Already connected the drive directly to another PC with a converter and no other computers are recognizing the drive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 07-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
felix8406
ABXpert

It appears that the hard drvie is bad. If you have a USB drive connection kit, you may try connecting the drive directly to USB. I use a kit I removed from an external USB hard drive enclusure. A previous customer wanted to remove the drive from its case and install it directly to his computer and I kept the kit as part of the paymnet.

A hard drive enclosure can do the same and comes on handy for those type of situations. You can get a decent enclosure for $20.00 or $30.00 US.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
dhruv

not nice

I have visited the site but did not find any useful help from this site, plz send some more links.