ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 05-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
ctal
Eschews Obfuscation

Linux Google Chrome Shines

The Google Chrome browser is still available as a stable build only for Windows, but it turns out that you can get a dev build for Linux and also for Mac OSX.... Chrome is noticeably faster than Firefox.
Linux Google Chrome Shines
Note that some informative comments appear in the posts below the article (as well as the inevitable spam).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 05-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
XJ.

Re: Linux Google Chrome Shines

It's faster than FF on Winders too! I fear FF is becoming bloatware.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
maraud

As a matter of interest, if you are using MS IE8 and you download Chrome, it immediatly removes IE8 from your desktop and MS tries to retaliate with some bothersome tricks. MS and Google are having a childish war in which we the users get caught in the middle. There should be a law against either of them playing games at our expense. Chrome is by the way faster than IE8 but I am used to the look of Ie8.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by maraud View Post
As a matter of interest, if you are using MS IE8 and you download Chrome, it immediatly removes IE8 from your desktop ...
That sucks. A vendor should not alter anything on my PC except their own stuff (and only what i specifically asked for).

Vendors often reconfigure, reset and alter settings in their own product installations, which is bad enough, but altering another package from another vendor has got to be rude, ignorant, risky and I would consider that malware, absolutely.

So if Chrome install does that then its malware IMO.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."