ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
WolfSoul

Re: In Praise of Far Cry 2

Well... I know EA sucks But still
I recently tried reinstalling Simcity Societies & Destinations which I bought on oirign When I tried to start the game up it prompted with "too many physcial copies" or something like that So I mailed EA Holland Guess what..
They sent me 2 new keys for the games.. PLUS a discount code for orgin (of course this last thing was a commercial gesture but still)
FC2.. yea I always stopped playing before the game really kicked off
Crysis would still be my fav.. but Im still worried to get that running
LG BH10LS38 BluRay Burner - Plextor PX-L890SA DVD Burner
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF OC 2GB
Dell U2412M - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround System - Creative Tactic3D Wrath
Logitech G19 Gaming keyboard - Logitech G9X laser Gaming Mouse
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 08-19-2017, 04:48 AM   #17
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Lol, I was curious and went and re-installed FC2 for a look.
All the above old comments still apply.
I ran it at 4K ultra settings in wide screen and its nailed at my 60fps refresh rate, with all the eye candy maxed out.

When it looks good it looks great and theres much to like.
The Far Cry experience is there and I instantly felt at home but pretty soon the well known issues with this game began to nag me.

One particular problem I noted this time around is the cheating A.I. The NPC's "know" where the player is and as soon as they detect the player they have pin point aim, even while ducking and running for cover. That and the respawning is pretty much a game killer for me but it wasnt until I had to hunt for my first diamond and the malaria kicked in that I remembered just how tedious the game can be. Huge sandbox game that penalises the player for exploring!

I cant continue with it, but if anyone else is interested, the install is painless and the game performs very nicely under Win 10, more than can be said for other games of that period. Make sure to patch it to 1.03.

The next Far Cry will be with us in a few short months. From what I've seen its based on an American cultural stereotype; that weird semi Christian doomsday cultist trope that a few movies and games have done.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 08-19-2017, 10:51 PM   #18
traveler
Where to next?

good to know

good post