ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 06-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
Sandog

New game: Dishonored.

Check it out here:
http://rog.asus.com/118192012/gaming...-watch-for-pc/

Seems like it would be up the alley for a lot of people who like Half-Life.
Windows 10 Pro / Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i7-7820X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Ducky YoTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 06-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
traveler
Where to next?

Thanks for the link.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
SpeedDMN
Silicon Avatar

Re: New game: Dishonored.

Will definately check it out when it's released. It looks awesome Nice to see PC up front over console for once. I didn't see anything on a release date though..

edit. Actually if you watch the trailer it says 10/9/12 at the end..

Last edited by SpeedDMN; 06-19-2012 at 06:40 PM..
Old 09-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Dunstan103
Banned

WOW...awesome bro. thanks for giving us nice link.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
SpeedDMN
Silicon Avatar

I just watched a trailer for this.

Endgame Developer Documentary - Dishonored (PC) - IGN Video

The graphics look quite dated I'm afraid, but there are some pretty imaginative kill methods. Different variations of old techniques mainly, but I love the killer rats! You can use them a couple different ways apparently. One you can send a devouring swarm that will attack and eat your enemies. Or you can attach a bomb to one and send them scurrying over to your unfortunate foe. I will play it when it comes out. Too bad about the graphics though. They are kinda Painkiller cheesy
Old 09-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #6
traveler
Where to next?

I just found this quote:

“Dishonored is a complex story-driven action adventure that mixes elements of first person shooters, stealth games, and role-playing in a way that hasn’t really been seen since the glory days of System Shock, Deus Ex, and Thief on the PC.”

I never played System Shock. It's on my list.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #7
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Looks interesting. Hope it's more than just pretty eye candy and has some substance. Too many games are just pretty scenery, without any true interaction.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
JimTram
Seabees, USN (Retired)

Sounds like a winner. I'm still killing dragons in Skyrim. 80 hours into the game and not even half done (estimate). By the time I am finished, Dishonored should be patch solid.
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Gold 1TB, ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Corsair 550D Case including 3x120 Corsair SP120 Fans,
Seasonic Prime Platinum 650 PSU
CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD
Ducky One White LED KB Cherry Blue, Logitech MX518
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Win10 Pro 1703
iPhone 7+ 32GB, iPad 32GB WiFi, iPad 16GB WiFi
Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTram View Post
Sounds like a winner. I'm still killing dragons in Skyrim. 80 hours into the game and not even half done (estimate). By the time I am finished, Dishonored should be patch solid.
Skyrim ... six hundred plus hours to do it all.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
JimTram
Seabees, USN (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
Skyrim ... six hundred plus hours to do it all.

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Gold 1TB, ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Corsair 550D Case including 3x120 Corsair SP120 Fans,
Seasonic Prime Platinum 650 PSU
CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD
Ducky One White LED KB Cherry Blue, Logitech MX518
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Win10 Pro 1703
iPhone 7+ 32GB, iPad 32GB WiFi, iPad 16GB WiFi
Old 10-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
SpeedDMN
Silicon Avatar

Ok I have started playing it a bit this morning. It has a bit of a Bioshock feel that struck me right away. You know, like you eat the potted meat and such for a health boost. There are tons of powers and tricks you can use. Almost too much! It's hard for me to remember all those keys and switching between so many powers. The graphics are very dated. I'm sorry, but no other word for it. Some of the textures aren't bad and the water is pretty good. The long jump feature or "blink" is pretty cool. I really haven't gotten far into it yet, but my initial impression is I think it's going to be fun all in all. It might even be a great game if not for the terrible graphics. For a Bethesda game too? Whatever else you might say about RAGE the graphics were far superior. You can see why this is only a 6g game. It does have a lot of imagination though. The story is fairly interesting too so far. Big time RPG elements. Like select what you say etc. And, of course, you can purchase health and weapon upgrades by spending the coins you run around picking up. That's about all I got since I haven't played it long. At this point I would cautiously recommend this game.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

The game is getting excellent reviews. I'm looking forward to it, if only 3/4 of what the reviewers are saying is true.
I'll pick this up asap.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #13
Rickwell
Last user turn off lights

Well so far this game is pretty good. I had a scary thing happen. I was already to play when I got home. But the pc wouldn't boot up with video. So I had to pull the video vard and clean the gold fingers with an erasure. Put the card back in and now I'm up and going. I didn't play much of the game yet. I'm still tweaking the rig for that fine line of quality and performance.

But I'm glad I got this game. Now I have an excuse to call in sick lol.

EVGA 295 GTX,Koolance water block
4GB Corsair Twin 2X4096-8500C5DF
4 x 256 GB Raid 0 / Crucial M4 SSD
Areca ARC-1000B LCD Pannel
Areca 1880ix RAID Card / 4GB cache
Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller
Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU
Win7 x64/SP1
Old 10-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

I've finally got some time in on this and its pretty good so far. Immersion is good and the controls feel responsive.

Hmm, struck an issue though; everytime I save and exit the game the key bindings are reset back to the defaults! Cant seem to find an answer to it. Its fine during a gaming session, can play for ages without them resetting, it only happens when i exit the game and restart.
I found the ini files in \My Games\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config but they dont get updated. Weird. Everything verifies on STEAM.
Amazing how many configuration settings there are!

Graphic textures are a little disappointing but the overall look is fairly artistic. Its no Skyrim to look at tho.
The atmosphere is immersive, which is a good thing. It feels a little linear, but I havent done much exploring, mostly following the story to the pub to meet the Admiral and acquired Blink.

I like the way that books are not too long to read, and far and few between, so far anyway. Really got tired of reading long and badly written books in Skyrim.

So far, I've been trying to get key bindings the way I want and with the issue of them resetting thats taken some time I've found stealth to be difficult as I had to kill several guys getting out of prison... i assume it can be done without killing, but I couldnt see how in a couple of tight spots.

Hopefully I will fix this issue of bindings soon.

"You Cannot Hide..."