ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 10-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
plainman007

P8H67-M LX Motherboard, Power Led Cabinet Pin Mismatch

Hi,

I just installed a motherboard ASUS P8H67-M LX into a cabinet which i had lying around. The final small plugs which connect the motherboard to the cabinet LEDs are giving me some trouble. I got all the pins right. Except the cabinet has its power LED plug with a 3 pin plug. Whereas the board only supports or has 2 pins left there for it. How do connect the power LED plug into this as i see no option. So the system power LED has no indication of wether the system is on or off.

Please help.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 10-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
fvbounty

Re: P8H67-M LX Motherboard, Power Led Cabinet Pin Mismatch

Is the any minus or plus signs on the plug?
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX, Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S, 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15, Asus GTX 980 TI Strix, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig NVMe SSD W10 PRO, Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data, 1 TB WD Black data, Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS, Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor, Ducky Shine 5 RGB Keyboard, Mionix Naos 7000 mouse, AudioEngine A5+ Speakers driven by Asus Xonar U7 MKII USB sound card, AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
plainman007

No. It just has a plug and the wierd part is it has 3 pins. But the motherboard has only 2 left. Ive tried all combinations. Including putting them into the wrong labelled ones. But it happens the mother board layout is right and the power button reset and hdd led are all plugged in as labelled and everythign works right. Except there are only 2 pins left on the board for power LED. And this plug has 3 holes and the center is a dummy that too.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Sandog

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainman007 View Post
Hi,

I just installed a motherboard ASUS P8H67-M LX into a cabinet which i had lying around. The final small plugs which connect the motherboard to the cabinet LEDs are giving me some trouble. I got all the pins right. Except the cabinet has its power LED plug with a 3 pin plug. Whereas the board only supports or has 2 pins left there for it. How do connect the power LED plug into this as i see no option. So the system power LED has no indication of wether the system is on or off.

Please help.
Usually there is a seperate 3pin header with the center pin missing next to the front panel header that is used for the front case power-on LED. Your board does not have this extra connector.
Capture.JPG
You need to extract the pins out of your 3pin cable connector and put them in a 2pin connector. It is very easy to do. You just push the locking tab down on each pin with an Exacto knife and pull the pins out. Then lift the locking tabs back up with the knife and reinsert them in a new connector. Once you have the pins in a two pin connector, connect it like in the diag to the left end of the mobo header. The LED is polarized so you have to have the connector turned the right way.
Windows 10 Pro / Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i7-7820X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Ducky YoTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
plainman007

Sandog > Thanks a ton for the clue that the pins are removable. Which i totally didnt know. I removed the pin from the 3 pin header and just put back the pin into the middle slot thereby converting it into a 2 pin header. Now i put the header onto the 2 pins so that the left out part of the header just lies out as an extrusion and everything works perfectly now.

Thank you very much for helping.

Thanks to fvbounty too for volunteering to help.