ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 04-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #31
JimTram
Seabees, USN (Retired)

Re: BioShock Infinite

Thanks Polo. Interesting reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polonyc2 View Post
you should put some of your post in spoiler tags in case people don't want the ending spoiled

there are plenty of explanations online which help fill in the missing pieces...makes sense when you see how everything fits...here are some decent articles explaining the ending...

BioShock Infinites ending explained, and what we think about it | News | PC Gamer

An Explanation of BioShock Infinites Ending (VIDEO) | gamefront.com

BioShock Infinite ending explained Eurogamer.net

I'm off replaying Tomb Raider now...
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Gold 1TB, ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Corsair 550D Case including 3x120 Corsair SP120 Fans,
Seasonic Prime Platinum 650 PSU
CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD
Ducky One White LED KB Cherry Blue, Logitech MX518
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Win10 Pro 1703
iPhone 7+ 32GB, iPad 32GB WiFi, iPad 16GB WiFi
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 04-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #32
JimTram
Seabees, USN (Retired)

Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
Guys, seriously SPOILER tags, PLEASE, like, WTF!?
Unsubtle hints about the game plot or ending are not appreciated!!
I thought that would be obvious, you're not newbies to PC gaming or the forum?

I've added tags to your post JimTram and removed the quotes from yours polonyc2.

Would you please remember others are still playing or are yet to even start the game and they dont need/want spoiler discussion about the details.
CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Win10 Pro 1703
Old 04-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #33
polonyc2
Legacy

I didn't give away any spoilers so I'm not sure exactly why I was included...in fact I'm the one who posted to take out the spoilers first...for quoting the spoiler quote?
G.Skill Ripjaw Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 *****
G.Skill Falcon I 256GB SSD
Lian Li PC-A70B (black)
***** Corsair HX850W
AuzenTech Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 *****
Creative Inspire P5800 5.1 speakers
Lite-On IHAS424
***** NEC 2490WUXi LCD
Windows 10 Home 64-bit *****
NZXT Sentry 2 5.25" Touch Screen fan controller
Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 ***** Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 (Black)
Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #34
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by polonyc2 View Post
I didn't give away any spoilers so I'm not sure exactly why I was included...in fact I'm the one who posted to take out the spoilers first...for quoting the spoiler quote?
You are correct, you didn't write the spoilers polonyc2, and I appreciate that you called it out, sorry if you felt i was unfairly targeting you.
But disappointingly you quoted the spoilers! I guess I got upset cos I'm currently playing through the game myself! had to edit both posts while trying my best not to think about the details...Please, for the future, don't repost spoilers!

I've posted a thread in the gaming forum reminding people to use the spoiler tags.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #35
JimTram
Seabees, USN (Retired)

It was me who forgot all about the spoilers. I apologized for that once already. Playing the game or not - I have though of a few more ways it could have been handled differently by the moderator.

When we start to use the word "targeting", it causes me to pause.

I need to move elsewhere.

Have a nice life all!
CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Win10 Pro 1703
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #36
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTram View Post
It was me who forgot all about the spoilers. I apologized for that once already. Playing the game or not - I have though of a few more ways it could have been handled differently by the moderator.

Have a nice life all!
There's no targeting here JimTram.
My original post on this was probably too harsh in tone. Apologies to you both and any others who were taken aback by it. I hate spoilers and i'm currently playing the game and probably reacted from that perspective when I should have been more of a dispassionate mod. My bad and I apologize.
Don't let this little thing get in the way of a good conversation about what is shaping up to be a great game. I'll just shutup.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 04-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #37
ctal
Eschews Obfuscation

Jim, and I say this with great respect that derives from having seen most of your nearly 6000 posts, I believe you are over-reacting. I see little or nothing wrong with the word "targeting" having been used, especially given that it was preceded by the words "unfairly" and "sorry," and it wasn't even directed at you.

I hope you will reconsider.

Regards,
-- Al
Old 04-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #38
fvbounty

Quote:

Have a nice life all!
Don't leave Jim!
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX, Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S, 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15, Asus GTX 980 TI Strix, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig NVMe SSD W10 PRO, Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data, 1 TB WD Black data, Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS, Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor, Ducky Shine 5 RGB Keyboard, Mionix Naos 7000 mouse, AudioEngine A5+ Speakers driven by Asus Xonar U7 MKII USB sound card, AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #39
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Finally finished this and what an awesome game in many ways it is.
The plot and story are delivered so well that it sets a benchmark in PC gaming.

Our companion, Elizabeth, is the best companion AI I've seen since Black & Whites creatures or Half Life's Gordon (original).

The game is all about plot/story/characterization/ and artistic style, those are its strengths and points of difference to other games.

Combat AI is very well done with a very good control system for the weapons and powers (vigors/clothing), but ultimately I feel the battles were stretched out too much in the middle game, with the story losing pace. This game would have benefited with the inclusion of puzzles (sophisticated ones to match the story) rather than so many mindless battles, but that's just my opinion.

Graphically very engaging, although in some places the clean blandness of it can become kind of tedious. That effect is mostly kept under control by the constant interruption of battles that take your mind off the art itself. There's no way that I want all my games to be so stylized and after Dishonored, Borderlands2 and this I'm getting fairly tired of that look, but there is a place for it no doubt and I look forward to further improvements in this area. Developers should look to the wealth of anime styles that are available.

It's very clear now that the current crop of consoles are holding us back with the game not looking as sweet on that platform as it does on the PC. The consequence of catering to both platforms is that the PC version presents as spartan in detail with a degree of blandness that breaks the immersion for me in those brief quiet periods between the battles.

Is the conclusion to the story as amazing as they say? Well it certainly gets you thinking and players who haven't read a lot of sci-fi may find the concepts fairly large in scope, but yes it's a satisfying ending, more so than the original Bioshock.

So this does make my favorites list although it cant replace STALKER for top place. Dishonored slightly edges it out for me for the stealth aspect, but all these games have different things to offer so comparisons are not helpful. Sufficient to say its one of my favorites. I will visit Columbia again, no doubt.

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 05-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #40
traveler
Where to next?

Finally ... BioShock Infinite is installed!

Old 05-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #41
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
[snip]

I guess I am a FO3 and Skyrim person.

Just bought the Dragonborne DLC for Skyrim. I'll play that till Metrolight matures.
I know what you mean.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #42
polonyc2
Legacy

Future BioShock Infinite DLC will take you back to Rapture

The first of BioShock Infinite's three promised downloadable content goes on sale today (Clash of the Clouds) Irrational Games has revealed...however, the bigger news is that the second and third DLC packs will form a two-part detective story set in Rapture

Called Burial at Sea, it will star Booker and Elizabeth as private investigator and femme fatale respectively, and you will get to play as both of them...Burial at Sea is set on New Year's Eve, 1958, the night of the bombing that was the beginning of the end for Rapture. In the first episode you play as Booker, and then in the second episode you play as Elizabeth...

Future BioShock Infinite DLC will take you back to Rapture Eurogamer.net
G.Skill Ripjaw Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 *****
G.Skill Falcon I 256GB SSD
Lian Li PC-A70B (black)
***** Corsair HX850W
AuzenTech Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 *****
Creative Inspire P5800 5.1 speakers
Lite-On IHAS424
***** NEC 2490WUXi LCD
Windows 10 Home 64-bit *****
NZXT Sentry 2 5.25" Touch Screen fan controller
Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 ***** Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 (Black)
Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 AM   #43
traveler
Where to next?

I just logged into STEAM a moment ago and a HUGE download just started for BioShock Infinite. I have the Season Pass. I wonder if this is the DLC automatically downloading via the Season Pass.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:23 AM   #44
traveler
Where to next?

I just looked in BioShock Infinite - Properties. "Clash in the Clouds" is there.

Looks like I'll be playing some more BioShock Infinite soon.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #45
traveler
Where to next?

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

The new DLC is out! ... and I have the BioShock Infinite Season Pass.

Looks like I'll be back in the underwater city of Rapture soon.