ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 03-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
traveler
Where to next?

Elder Scrolls Online

There are still free keys for ESO at MMORPG. There were about 23000 when I got mine yesterday. Now there are about 6500 left.

Looks like I won't be playing it tonight though if the server shuts down at midnight. I have only half of it downloaded. Fortunately only the update download will be needed for the next release; not the whole download.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 03-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #2
traveler
Where to next?

My download was at about 70% at midnight. I never made it on the server.

I have an Imperial Edition on its way to me. I'll probably play the included 30 days and then see how it goes. The youtube videos did look real good. It looked like ESO is a first person game. Per the players who played the beta a lot: You had to get off the Intro Island which is really an introduction tutorial. Then the Game takes off as you and the baddies level up and you get to see all the beauty of the lands, caves, ruins, and the Imperial City.

Wish I was able to get on the server and play some.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:40 AM   #3
traveler
Where to next?

Well ... at least I got to see the intro splash screen.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
traveler
Where to next?

Well ....... I'm on the ESO server today. I wish I had gotten on the beta test server so I could see what the changes are, if any.

... and I did receive the vanity pet reward for signing up for the beta test even though I never made it to the servers to play.

Anyone doing EOL? Let's meet online.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:48 AM   #5
traveler
Where to next?

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting!

I joined the Mages Guild and the Fighters Guild so far. Good questing! But I know I hardly broke the surface of the game.

Did a quest which would have taken four players to succeed. I was by myself. But after a while along came a high level player. Still it took both of us to win the battle.

The quests seem to be designed for four member groups. And I hear for later, twelve member groups.

I'm going it alone at the moment.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

How does the game compare technically to previous games? Hows the graphics and IQ? Effects?
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 04-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #7
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
How does the game compare technically to previous games? Hows the graphics and IQ? Effects?
ESO is cool. Very good graphics but that's expected.

I can see that it's designed as a multiplayer, "let's go questing" in Tamriel thing.

I have barely scratched the surface of the game.

Sunday and Monday was the start of the Five-Day early access pass play. Today started the Three-Day early access pass play. I see a lot of level 3 players roaming around today. I'm at level 8 at the moment. I'm looking forward to getting to level 10-15 so I can do some serious questing in the Imperial City and around Morrowind. So far I have visited Dwemer ruins, Ayleid ruins, and Nord ruins. The battles are very tough at these lower levels. For some of them you need a group.

Let me know if you're going to do ESO and we'll form a Guild.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:57 PM   #8
traveler
Where to next?

This is really cool. the volcano is erupting.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #9
traveler
Where to next?

... and so ends 7 days of free early access play ( 5 days plus 2 days which Bethesda decided at the last moment to add on).

The erupting volcano and the Oblivion Gates in the sky are so far the highlights of the game. Oh ... and the Goblins. I am not deep enough into the game for any wars or sieges. Nor have I seen the Imperial City yet. Nor Cyrodiil the Rift or any other place (I wonder if I can have my old house back in Riften).

I know all the places in the screenshots posted at another site by our good Bud polonyc2 during the beta test last month. I wish he was in the beta game longer to get screenshots of the erupting volcano and the Oblivion Gates in the sky. But there's only so much one player can do in a two day beta play. Sorry Buds ... I myself was too immersed in the game and forgot to do my own screenshots.

Hopefully I'll be back in the game in about a week after I locate an ESO game card.

For five days there were a LOT of players running around StoneFalls, Morrowind, where I began the game with this character. This morning, there were not very many players online. I can only chalk it up to the credit card requirement. Many players are upset because the game requires either a credit card, or an ESO game card which none of the stores have in stock or will have in stock for at least a week. I'm in the process of finding an ESO game card. I don't want to give a game subscription a credit card number. And, I don't want to set up a PayPal subscription item either.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #10
traveler
Where to next?

Here's a video review for ESO -----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgfp87eUprc

Please watch the review video all the way through each minute of the 19 minutes.

I find the game very immersive. So far I have only done solo/adventuring around Morrowind. There are a LOT of quests. I am having a blast in Morrowind and today, walking south on the road, I bumped into a city called Mournhold. I just hit level 11. I'm looking forward to Groups and to Guilds.

There is no official Guide/Hint book written for ESO. And ... it is way too early for any online guides to be written. I'm doing this game the "Polonyc2 Game Style" way. I have no idea where I'm going or what's going to happen ... but I'm having a blast.

If you read the PCGamer review, I also think the author from PCGamer is totally wrong. He really got slammed for such an inaccurate review. Read the responses posted.

Maybe he should have started his ESO game in Morrowind rather than start from Daggerfall. I will eventually get to Daggarfall, the Rift, etc. one of these days. So I'll let you know then about that area.

Oh ... one thing the PCGamer author WAS right about is the number of players online. There are LOTS of them. I think this is a good thing. There are battles too overwhelming for the single player. it's nice to team up for a battle and be able to move your quest along. Other players otherwise are ghosts ... you see them ... which is cool because of the incredible variety of them ... but you go right through them ... no interference with your game. And with ONLY ONE MEGASERVER ... everyone playing is synced together.

The volcano eruptions are still way cool. And now I've discovered the Sulphur Pools with the hot sky shooting geysers. ESO ... so far a lot of fun.

Now ... Is there a gamer here at ABX who is going to go to Tamriel so we can quest together?

Last edited by traveler; 04-21-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #11
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Trav, very nice video review, thanks fir posting.
I just do not have any time available to play ATM
Work and home duties are in the way, again.
By the time i get time to myself its bed time

Maybe in another month, although that may be too late for you.

Also see this
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."

Last edited by zapionics<alt>; 04-21-2014 at 09:49 PM..
Old 04-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #12
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
Trav, very nice video review, thanks fir posting.
I just do not have any time available to play ATM
Work and home duties are in the way, again.
By the time i get time to myself its bed time

Maybe in another month, although that may be too late for you.

Also see this

Thanks for the link zap.

I saw an in-game announcement a few days ago saying that the Guild Bank was shut down until further notice. So that's what it was all about.

A month or two is fine. Tamriel is vast !!! I have barely scratched it. It will be going on for quite a while here.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:58 AM   #13
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

It seems the current consensus is that the game has some problems as its not scoring too well with the reviewers.
You still enjoying it Trav?

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 05-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #14
PeterT
CUSL2 > Sabertooth Z87

My daughter is playing it quite a bit.
It's freezing up on her once in a while during combat. I may need to put a new vid card in her AMD A8 rig (see sig). I'm looking at the R9 270x.
Z87, i7-4770K, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Antec SOLO II, Corsair TX650M, Asus ROG Crossblade Ranger, AMD A10-7890K, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Asus R9 270X DirectCU II TOP 2GB,

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
Antec SOLO, Corsair TX650, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, Intel Q9550, 4x2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800,
EVGA GTX560Ti SC 1GB, Asus U3S6, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
Mobile:
Acer Aspire V5-552G-x852, AMD A10-5757M, Radeon 8750M 2GB, 2x4GB DDR3,
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD
Acer Aspire V3-551G-X419, AMD A10-4600M, Radeon 7670M 2GB, 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1333, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD

Asus Eee PC 1215B-PU17, AMD E-350, 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1333, OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD

Old 05-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #15
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Sorry to hear you're getting freezes Pete. I dk about that, but what i've heard is more about the gameplay. Basically they haven't transferred the "magic" of the single player to the multi-player too well. Result is average game, but its only what i've heard as i haven't played myself.

"You Cannot Hide..."