ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 05-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #16
traveler
Where to next?

yesterday ... I saw a female player run past me in one of the Daggerfall caves named ... tamarelle ..., and then ran out the cave entrance.

By the time I ran out the entrance and looked around, she was gone.

8-)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 05-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #17
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
It seems the current consensus is that the game has some problems as its not scoring too well with the reviewers.
You still enjoying it Trav?
Thumbs up so far.

Most all problems that I ever had don't exist anymore. Stopped with the May 1 update. There was another major update a few days ago. The only minor problem I currently and rarely have is the direction/compass bar not pointing to the objectives correctly ... a simple fix by quitting the game and restarting and the compass shows the objective as it should.

- - - - - - -

I posted this at another website:

"Over one month in and Elder Scrolls Online is still very very cool.

I bought a 60 day ESO time card from my local GameStop when they finally received them for 29.99 and no sales tax (see my post on May 4). That plus the bonus free time puts me online with ESO until late July. Discounts start happening at 90 day time blocks.

I am finding that ESO is four games in one. Each with its own sets of unique varied quests. 1) the Ebonheart Pact (Morrowind, etc.); 2) the Daggerfall Covenant; 3) the Aldmeri Dominion; and 4) Cyrodiil ... and ... let me add maybe a 5) ... the adventure zones. ... and the Dark Brotherhood is being added in a few months.

... and with dozens of players online, when in a very difficult/impossible fight, grouping is cool.

Now with that being said ... I am a solo adventurer. That's how I've been doing ESO so far.

... and then there is the battle for the Imperial City with armies of 300 versus 300 (or more).

The game world is Huge and Huge is an understatement.

So ... four/five games with new added material happening, hundreds of players around in the various cities, games are usually about 40 bucks per game let's say ... so far it's worth it.

I am liking my second character better than my first. My first I took up to level 14 and still did not finish the first province in Morrowind, never touched Skyrim or Mournhold, etc. yet. My second character is now at level 18 and I still have not finished the first province in Daggerfall, but went on to another province which is more difficult anyway for the challenge of it."

- - - - - - -

As I said ... I am doing ESO as a solo adventurer so far.
I will probably start a third character to do Morrowind "correctly" with all that I've learned from my first two characters. And ... of course ... another character to do the Aldmeri Dominion.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #18
traveler
Where to next?

A two and a half gigabyte update downloading right now.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #19
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
A two and a half gigabyte update downloading right now.
Correction: Way more than two and a half gigs downloaded. More files downloaded after the first one. More like 7 or 8 gigabytes at least.

Craglorn is here!

Old 05-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #20
traveler
Where to next?

No way I could complete Spindleclutch.

Did my first "Group Required" dungeon.

Solo ... I just kept getting killed by the mob of various sized spiders no matter how much I tried. This dungeon was designed for a group to do. Alone ... no way one gets passed the first cavern.

After a couple of dozen deaths, three players showed up at the cave entrance and asked me to join the Group. I made the fourth. We went deep into Spindleclutch Cave. The four of us just seemed to mesh in combat and went through all three caverns finishing off all the "bosses" and then the big boss. Great rewards and loot in this one. The action was too fast for screenshots.

My first MMO group dungeon complete.

I told the group leader I'd battle with him anytime and now I have my first contact on my Group list. I hope someone from ABX also goes on my list. Who will it be?

Old 06-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #21
traveler
Where to next?

New download patch today for ESO.

I hope it fixes the one little thing I have noticed and reported.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #22
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
It seems the current consensus is that the game has some problems as its not scoring too well with the reviewers.
You still enjoying it Trav?
Yes ....

I just started a new character in Morrowind but nonetheless, my Daggerfall character and I have been having a blast. At level 27 the PvE keeps getting more and more challenging. Got to be in a group now for those very difficult dungeons and your group must have a healer.

So with the new character, I'm expecting the Morrowind/Skyrim part of the map to be just as good and it will be nice to see all those old familiar places. Mournhold ... City of Lights!

The game gets better and better as your character level gets higher and higher.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #23
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
My daughter is playing it quite a bit.
It's freezing up on her once in a while during combat. I may need to put a new vid card in her AMD A8 rig (see sig). I'm looking at the R9 270x.

Pete: Do you have a character set up for yourself?

Old 06-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #24
traveler
Where to next?

WoW ... so no one at ABX is playing the latest flavor of the Elder Scrolls except one member's daughter ....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20140608_061352.jpg (387.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #25
traveler
Where to next?

New patch. I'm downloading it now.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #26
traveler
Where to next?

New patch for ESO just appeared ... over 4 gigabytes now downloading ....

Old 06-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #27
traveler
Where to next?

After 18 hours of download of 10+ gigabytes, the new patch is installed waiting to be tried.

Here are the official comments ... interesting because I just did the Crypt of Hearts in Rivenspire yesterday. Met some good new players when we were all looking for Group members to go in.

From the official website:

"We’re pleased to announce that Update 2 is live today, adding even more adventure, new features, and lots of fixes to ESO. Rally your toughest allies and prepare to return to Crypt of Hearts in the new Veteran version, where you’ll face devious new bosses as you delve further into the Crypt’s sinister mysteries. See the next chapter of the dungeon’s story and earn some great loot—if you can survive.

There are some great new improvements in Update 2. Chances are you’ve seen the tons of weapon and armor racks scattered throughout Tamriel. Ever wanted to loot them? We thought so, and now you can! We’ve also put together a beautiful new interior lighting effect. When you’re inside a building, you’ll now see its windows cast light across the room. It really adds something special to the atmosphere!

And, of course, you’ll see tons of bug fixes in Update 2. To see the complete list of changes, read the full patch notes. "

Old 06-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #28
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Thanks for keeping us updated on this. Sounds like a decent patch so i guess its getting nicely balanced now.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 06-26-2014, 02:58 AM   #29
traveler
Where to next?

I fired up ESO.

The improvements from today's patch download are VERY noticeable. All the minor bugs I had are now gone and in addition to that, ESO is now VERY snappy in performence. For example, going in and out of buildings used to be wait a moment for the building interior to load, but not anymore. Click on the door and you go right inside. Everything is working faster. Fast travel at the Shrines was also slow like the doors. As in it took three seconds, and now it's half a second.

And ... I notice a lot of new textures and lighting effects.

Now ... back to ESO .... One day I'll see someone from ABX there. Where will it be? Daggerfall, Morrowind, Mournhold ....

Old 06-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #30
traveler
Where to next?

I finally went to Cyrodiil. I'm officially in the Alliance War now.