ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 11-17-2014, 05:47 AM   #1
traveler
Where to next?

Anyone doing FarCry 4 ???

I just bought FarCry 4 Kyrat Edition.

With all the time I have been spending in Tamriel, I almost forgot about it.

Whew ... got it just in time to get all the pre-release purchase bonus missions and items. I went for the GameStop package. I wonder what the Yak Farm is all about. Vally of the Yetis sounds interesting.

http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/buy/ind...tcm152152012-4

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 11-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
fvbounty

Re: Anyone doing FarCry 4 ???

Got it with my new card, is there manual saves traveler?
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX, Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S, 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15, Asus GTX 980 TI Strix, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig NVMe SSD W10 PRO, Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data, 1 TB WD Black data, Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS, Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor, Ducky Shine 5 RGB Keyboard, Mionix Naos 7000 mouse, AudioEngine A5+ Speakers driven by Asus Xonar U7 MKII USB sound card, AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:22 AM   #3
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
... got it just in time to get all the pre-release purchase bonus missions and items. I went for the GameStop package. I wonder what the Yak Farm is all about. Vally of the Yetis sounds interesting...
Pre-release bonus missions? This kind of thing really bugs me... They realease the game in parts on day 1 to bleed as much cash out of the fans as they can.

Anyhow, IF the game is really good I may purchase that stuff later. IF its just FC3 re-skinned then I wont.
Will try and dl it tonight.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 11-18-2014, 07:04 AM   #4
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Heads up: there's a bug with FC4 where the game just wont start for a significant number of users. There are several threads on the STEAM forums about this with a possible fix for some which involves disconnecting USB devices from the system.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 11-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
traveler
Where to next?

The FarCry 4 Kyrat Edition is being shipped. There were none in the store for PC. I just got my tracking number.

I did see a Day 1 Patch on the FarCry 4 website.

And I saw there was a STEAM problem. However UPlay was working fine. I'm expecting my copy, when it arrives since it was not purchased from STEAM, to be a UPlay version.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:43 AM   #6
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
Pre-release bonus missions? This kind of thing really bugs me... They realease the game in parts on day 1 to bleed as much cash out of the fans as they can.

Anyhow, IF the game is really good I may purchase that stuff later. IF its just FC3 re-skinned then I wont.
Will try and dl it tonight.
I look around to see which store or vendor is packaging the most interesting promotional "buy-it-from-us" pre-release purchase bundle. Someone usually puts together a better bundle than the others.

This time it was GameStop. But I do look at Best Buy, Amazon, STEAM, the publisher, NY Camera stores, and European and Australian game stores. One interesting version of FarCry 4 came from Russia; it included a Zippo lighter with the FC4 logo engraved on it.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
traveler
Where to next?

Hmmmmmm .... That's interesting .... I just read on PCGamer that FarCry 4 will not be released on STEAM in the UK.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #8
fvbounty

Downloading now, its going to be a while...lol
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX, Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S, 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15, Asus GTX 980 TI Strix, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig NVMe SSD W10 PRO, Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data, 1 TB WD Black data, Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS, Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor, Ducky Shine 5 RGB Keyboard, Mionix Naos 7000 mouse, AudioEngine A5+ Speakers driven by Asus Xonar U7 MKII USB sound card, AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #9
Razorback

I am cheap - I will wait until it is on sale. Just got the Far Cry franchise up to FC3 for $10 over the weekend on steam.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #10
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
I am cheap - I will wait until it is on sale. Just got the Far Cry franchise up to FC3 for $10 over the weekend on steam.

Nice!!!

My favorite is STILL FarCry 1. The "going down the river" level was my favorite.

Did they finally make the unofficial save anywhere/anytime patch an official patch to FarCry 1? Out of the box it was waypoint saves only. Many players complained. I still have the manual addon patch for that fix in my original installation of FarCry 1.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #11
Razorback

Yes, so far, it is still the best. I had Far Cry 1 on CDs already. I don't know if they changed the save format. I played with the waypoint saves version.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:50 PM   #12
fvbounty

Does anyone know if there's a manual save in number 4?

Old 11-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #13
Sandog

I got the code yesterday for FC4. Haven't gotten around to loading Uplay and installing the game yet.
Windows 10 Pro / Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i7-7820X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Ducky YoTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:47 AM   #14
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

I cannot play this game at the moment It seems I'm having the same issue as many many others where it hangs at the intro movie. The STEAM and Uplay forums are full of posts about this issue.

I've even heard of startup issues on consoles.

Is anyone here actually able to run the game yet?

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 11-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #15
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
Yes, so far, it is still the best. I had Far Cry 1 on CDs already. I don't know if they changed the save format. I played with the waypoint saves version.

Hmmmm .... So one still has to install the manual save feature manually. I recommend doing so with FC1.