ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 02-12-2015, 06:06 PM   #196
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Re: Anyone doing FarCry 4 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
That's the only way to do it....
You can also walk/run/drive to the location as marked on the map, battling animals and soldiers along the way, assisting the locals with repairing vehicles, saving them from animals or freeing them from captors. Doing it this way means you also discover places of interest, get sidetracked on other missions and explore a lot of the land.
But its incredibly slow and sucks a lot of ammo.

Its also very repetative. I think the carnivore density is too high. I usually find dogs, cats, badgers or those pesky eagles every 100 meters or so and it just gets a little old. Would have been better to reduce the numbers so each encounter was as thrilling as the last.
The terrain isnt that interesting either. Some spots are beautiful, but most of it is the same. The original Far Cry was always interesting.

I want to get back to the campaign. Maybe head north, just a couple more letters i want to collect and a journal.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 02-12-2015, 09:44 PM   #197
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
[snip]

The original Far Cry was always interesting.

I want to get back to the campaign. Maybe head north, just a couple more letters i want to collect and a journal.

Please let me know the secret to making the long jump for that last letter in the north.

BTW ... I did do plenty of walking and driving to objectives. A lot of the time autodrive is faster than finding a gyrocopter and flying it.

And don't forget to do the hang glider ride from the top of the highest peak in Kyrat and go south as far as you can go to splashdown, a nice long long long long long ride.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:29 AM   #198
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

"Complete more campaign missions before heading north"...
Does that mean I have to complete the Shangri-La missions? Cos there's nothing else on the map except posters and Ajay journals and silly things like racing and shooting...
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 02-17-2015, 09:26 PM   #199
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
"Complete more campaign missions before heading north"...
Does that mean I have to complete the Shangri-La missions? Cos there's nothing else on the map except posters and Ajay journals and silly things like racing and shooting...

Look for the Campaign Mission markers, 'A' or 'S' or 'Y' or 'B'. The 'B' and 'Y' are main campaign missions only once.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:43 AM   #200
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
Look for the Campaign Mission markers, 'A' or 'S' or 'Y' or 'B'. The 'B' and 'Y' are main campaign missions only once.
Thanks Trav, thats what I thought, but there are none. I've just finished a few "L" ones (Longinus or whats his name) but theres no others, which is why im confused.

[edit] so i finally figured it out! Theres an icon shown on the map which is the golden path yellow coat of arms icon. I thought it was just another quest, but its actually the next step in the campaign.
Now i have to choose between drugs for profit or the high moral ground which leads to bankruptcy...

"You Cannot Hide..."

Last edited by zapionics<alt>; 02-18-2015 at 02:57 AM..
Old 02-18-2015, 03:47 PM   #201
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
[snip]
Now i have to choose between drugs for profit or the high moral ground which leads to bankruptcy...

This is an example of one of my BIG peeves in this game.

In Morrowind one could save the game, do the mission, reload, do the other mission, and thus play all that the game offers (as in value for your gaming dollar AND respect for your limited gaming time). But not here. As the player one must choose one mission and never have the pleasure of playing out the other mission unless one spends an enormous amount of boring repetitious time.

FarCry really needs a better caliber of game programers. FarCry needs to stop using the mediocre game programmers its been using lately.