ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 01-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Elder Scrolls Online - F2P?

There are rumours and ongoing speculation that ESO my be changing over to a Free to Play (F2P) business model.
This was triggered by the removal of the 180 day (6 month) subscription option last month but is being fuelled by the systematic removal of all copies of Elder Scrolls Online — including the pre-paid cards — be sent back to the publisher.

I wouldn't expect this to damage the game actually, given that its already paid for itself. In fact I think it would open up the game to many more players and hence make it potentially more profitable.
Actually, I haven't played any of it as yet, since I don't like to maintain open internet connections to game servers. Anyone here played much of it?
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-15-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
PeterT
CUSL2 > Sabertooth Z87

Re: Elder Scrolls Online - F2P?

My daughter and my wallet will be happy if they make it F2P.
Z87, i7-4770K, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Antec SOLO II, Corsair TX650M, Asus ROG Crossblade Ranger, AMD A10-7890K, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Asus R9 270X DirectCU II TOP 2GB,

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
Antec SOLO, Corsair TX650, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, Intel Q9550, 4x2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800,
EVGA GTX560Ti SC 1GB, Asus U3S6, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
Mobile:
Acer Aspire V5-552G-x852, AMD A10-5757M, Radeon 8750M 2GB, 2x4GB DDR3,
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD
Acer Aspire V3-551G-X419, AMD A10-4600M, Radeon 7670M 2GB, 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1333, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD

Asus Eee PC 1215B-PU17, AMD E-350, 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1333, OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD

Old 01-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #3
traveler
Where to next?

I have a Six Month subscription now with ESO which I just signed on to last month.

I had been doing the Pre-paid 60 day cards until last month. At the moment, my recurring ESO subscription account says that in May I will automatically be charged for another six months.

I have received no notifications of any changes except for the upcoming Content Release #6 now on the Public Test Server (adding Thieves Guild) and upcoming Content Release #7 (which will add the Imperial City). Nor do I see any announcements of any other change at the official ESO website.

Sounds like nothing more than a wishful rumor by a PC game player.

In the early days of the game, one could not find enough materials to harvest because there were too many players fighting over the material spawn points. No materials means slow advancement. Right now the game plays nicely because materials and loot can be regularly obtained.

Free to Play??? When you buy the game, you get 30 free days to play included.

If there was a Free to Play mode for ESO, I can see it being severely limited/crippled.

The Console Editions of ESO are being released on 12/15/15 with a price tag of $99.99 for the Imperial Edition. The PC price is still, right now, $79.99 for the Imperial Edition. The Console Editions will be severely crippled because Consoles do not allow all those great add-ons that the PC allows. All the players I know run six to ten or more add-ons. I run two add-ons myself.

Need an ESO Time Card? Here you go ---> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/elder-sc...&skuId=5138201 ... and with free shipping.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #4
traveler
Where to next?

Regarding "free to play":

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/...tail/a_id/6827

Old 01-22-2015, 06:10 AM   #5
traveler
Where to next?

Only this morning ....

It's Pay to play but no sub fees for the limited version.

From the ESO website:
"If you have time remaining on your game subscription at the launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, youíll automatically be enrolled as an ESO Plus premium member for the remainder of your game subscription period. Youíll get all the benefits of membership during that time, including your full allotment of crowns (the new digital currency used in our Crown Store). If you already have recurring payment set up, you wonít need to do anything if you wish to continue on as an ESO Plus member; itíll all happen automatically. If you do not wish to keep recurring payments, you may change this option in your account page.

So, what do you get as an ESO Plus member? Letís go over the benefits:

An allotment of crowns to spend in the new in-game Crown Store based on your membership period (more below)
Access to all of ESOís downloadable content (or DLC) game packs for the duration of your membership
A 10% bonus to XP and gold gain, crafting research, and inspiration

Memberships to ESO Plus can be purchased in 30-, 90-, and 180-day durations starting at $14.99 for a 30-day period. When you sign up for ESO Plus, youíll receive your full allotment of crowns right away (1500 for 30 days, 4500 for 90 days, or 9000 for 180 days). If you purchase a recurring membership, youíll receive a full allotment of crowns at the start of each 30-/90-/180-day membership period. You can spend crowns in the in-game Crown Store to get unique mounts, special vanity pets, a variety of fun costumes for your character, and convenience items like health potions and soul gems.

While youíre a member, youíll enjoy faster progression thanks to the helpful buffs to XP, gold, and crafting, and youíll be able to access any DLC game pack thatís available. If your membership ends, youíll still be able to play ESO (and keep any items and rewards you earned playing within DLC), but you wonít be able to access DLC game pack content that you havenít purchased separately."

Old 01-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #6
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Re: Elder Scrolls Online - F2P?

Quote:
If your membership ends, youíll still be able to play ESO (and keep any items and rewards you earned playing within DLC), but you wonít be able to access DLC game pack content that you havenít purchased separately."
Seems reasonable to me.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."