ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 05-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
Tapir
Wisdom Will Always Linger

File extn .WQ!

I have a few files I created and save using SQZ function in Quattro pro 5.5. For a while now I have been trying to open these files with no success. Does anyone out there happen to have an an old DOS pc with Q-Pro 5.5 on it? And can do me the favour of opening the files and saving them with "normal" extensions??

My Dos PC has gone dead just as I was about to install Q-pro-5.5 on it lol...
You need to have the right question to obtain the right answer.
**************************************************************************************************** ********************************************************************************
The greatest right any nation can afford its people is the right to be left alone.
**************************************************************************************************** ********************************************************************************
INTEL DP55WB, INTEL CORE i3 2.93, 2X2 G MARK VISION DDR 3, SAMSUNG 250G, NVIDIA S7200, MOTOROLA SB5100 CABLE MODEM, X TECH OPTICAL MOUSE, AIR COOLED - 3 FANS,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 05-22-2015, 02:46 AM   #2
Sir Skully
ABX Knight

Re: File extn .WQ!

Hey bud great to see ya...

Sorry can't help on the DOS.
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
SAMSUNG PRO 960 1tb M.2
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
Ducky keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
Sandog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapir View Post
I have a few files I created and save using SQZ function in Quattro pro 5.5. For a while now I have been trying to open these files with no success. Does anyone out there happen to have an an old DOS pc with Q-Pro 5.5 on it? And can do me the favour of opening the files and saving them with "normal" extensions??

My Dos PC has gone dead just as I was about to install Q-pro-5.5 on it lol...
Hey bud, can you just rename a file without opening it? I would try an emulator or maybe look at this.

http://www.dosbox.com/

FYI, if it is critical you could build an old DOS system for a couple hundred $$.

I like to go to NE and search for the cheapest processors available. It is very interesting to me. I haven't done it in a while but last time I saw a P4 3.2GHz CPU for sale still for like $30 (Intel D875PBZLK days).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...CE&PageSize=30
Windows 10 Pro / Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i7-7820X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Ducky YoTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

Old 05-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
exc

I found this from a google search, hope it helps.

How to Open Files Created in Quattro Pro

Step 1
Download and install LibreOffice or OpenOffice. Both products are free and are very similar.

Step 2
Launch Calc (the program has the same name in both suites).

Step 3
Click the "Open" icon on the toolbar. In the dialog box that comes up, navigate to the WB1, WB2 or WB3 file, then click "Open."

Step 4
Examine the imported spreadsheet; for very complex formulas and macros, there will almost certainly be translation issues.

Step 5
Click on the "File" menu and select "Save As." When the "Save As" dialog comes up, navigate to where you want to save the translated file. The drop-down at the bottom of the dialog box allows you to select the format of the exported file. To save it for the newest version of Excel, select "Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 XML." To save it in the native OpenOffice/LibreOffice/OpenDocs format, select "ODF Spreadsheet."

Step 6
Change the name of the file – it's usually a good idea to name it with a file name indicating the client you got the file from, and the date of the conversion. Then click the "Save" button.

Step 7
Open the translated file in Excel and make sure that the translation was made without any issues.

I can not verify this works, just read your post and thought I would do a quick search and this is what I found for free.
hope it helps.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #5
fvbounty

test
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX, Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S, 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15, Asus GTX 980 TI Strix, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig NVMe SSD W10 PRO, Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data, 1 TB WD Black data, Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS, Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor, Ducky Shine 5 RGB Keyboard, Mionix Naos 7000 mouse, AudioEngine A5+ Speakers driven by Asus Xonar U7 MKII USB sound card, AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

(Online)   Reply With Quote