ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 02-01-2016, 07:34 AM   #1
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Far Cry Primal

Only a month to go and the next Far Cry adventure will be out.
I'm looking forward to it as I read that the animals are much more impressive.
Strangely we wont have vehicles, but I expect we will ride animals as in the last Far Cry. I think they will have done their best to ensure that the characters and locations of interest live up to the Far Cry legacy.

Some good info over here including a video interview about some aspects of the game.

Once again I'm a little concerned about how my ancient C2D rig will cope, so we will see. Recommended specs include i7 and 8GB of memory and 780 level card or better.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 02-05-2016, 05:02 AM   #2
traveler
Where to next?

Why is it called FarCry Primal and not FarCry 5 ???

Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600box.jpg (321.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-06-2016, 02:28 AM   #3
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Re: Far Cry Primal

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
Why is it called FarCry Primal and not FarCry 5 ???
I'm guessing theres a few reasons:1, its not a successor to FC4, 2, they may do some DLC for FC4 and want to avoid confusion and 3, theres no co-op mp mode.
Interesting, maybe we'll see a FC5 as a successor to FC4 someday...
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 02-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #4
traveler
Where to next?

I'd like to see a successor to FarCry One.

FarCry One ended with a cliffhanger. But since there was a small crowd of complainers who did not like the Science Fiction theme of the story of FarCry One, FarCry got turned into a battle game with hang gliders. Hang gliders and a very few other things "kept" the supposed FarCry theme.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:02 AM   #5
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
I'd like to see a successor to FarCry One.

FarCry One ended with a cliffhanger. But since there was a small crowd of complainers who did not like the Science Fiction theme of the story of FarCry One, FarCry got turned into a battle game with hang gliders. Hang gliders and a very few other things "kept" the supposed FarCry theme.
Yes, I agree, Far Cry "1" was pretty good at the time. Lots of challenge, fun, action and suspense, not to mention room and beautiful vistas. I dont feel the newer games in the series ever surpassed the experience of the first.

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 02-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #6
Todd

Agree with zapionics<alt>.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #7
Sir Skully
ABX Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
Yes, I agree, Far Cry "1" was pretty good at the time. Lots of challenge, fun, action and suspense, not to mention room and beautiful vistas. I dont feel the newer games in the series ever surpassed the experience of the first.
I'll drink to that...
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
SAMSUNG PRO 960 1tb M.2
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
Ducky keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:42 PM   #8
traveler
Where to next?

My copy of FarCry Primal arrived today.

Man ... what one has to do these days to get a large paper map of the game world.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:44 PM   #9
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

After I installed my quad processor I decided to fire up FCP. The quad is rebooting my gaming life
Did anyone play through this game yet? Is it worth it? Seems ok at the beginning.

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 07-23-2016, 09:39 AM   #10
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

This is like a cut down version of FC4. Its enjoyable in the same way.
It shows off some of the game engine capabilities nicely, with pretty locations and flora.

Actually, the pre-historic setting is interesting. It reveals why many animals like humans have evolved to be so sociable and gregarious; its just too dangerous to be hunting alone! Too many risks, such as injury from falling, predator attack, accident and sickness. You need to be in a group when you don't have natural offensive weapons such as claws and large teeth or defensive capabilities such as hair, fur or very thick skin.

The other thing is mental mapping of the environment is crucial as you can easily get lost after moving more than 20 feet when there's a lot of stuff around. No wonder brain cells evolved for the purpose of mapping the environment.
Of course while the game kinda highlights these things, it deals with them differently than how our bodies do. The game has "hunter vision" and a mini-map with trails and way points, so its difficult to get lost!

I assume our "mapping" brain cells must need to be fired multiple times before they stay configured, otherwise we would map all kinds of trivia. It seems that key artefacts in the environment are the things that get mapped, like large rocks, interesting locations, rivers, mountains, etc.

Taking this idea further; as we get older I assume that it gets harder to configure the "mapping cells" in our brain and there's probably less of them. So I guess that people tended to settle down once they became familiar with an area. Then, when local resources became scarce due to over population pressures, I guess that triggered further exploration and expansion into new areas.

Amazing how a game like this can get one thinking about such things that we take for granted.

"You Cannot Hide..."

Last edited by zapionics<alt>; 07-23-2016 at 09:45 AM..