ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 10-02-2016, 11:14 PM   #1
vandexa1

Windows 8.1 Black Screen with Cursor After Login

Hi,
I've been searching the forums for hours now, but there has been no avail for my problem.
So, I have Windows 8.1 and have had it for 2 years and I haven't encountered any problem until now.
My problem being; I cannot access anything after login. When I type my password, it loads for 2-3 minutes which is odd as-is, and after the login, instead of being greeted by the desktop, it's just a black screen with the cursor on it. ringtones Also, I can't ctrl alt delete.
If any extra info is needed, I can provide it, I just need my problem fixed, and quick.

Tags: closer lyrics, 24k magic lyrics, black beatles lyrics

Last edited by vandexa1; 11-22-2016 at 05:13 PM..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 10-03-2016, 09:45 PM   #2
exc

Re: Windows 8.1 Black Screen with Cursor After Login

Hi vandexa1

You can try booting into safe mode with minimal drivers. see if you can access your system that way.

One of the most common steps when troubleshooting a PC is to boot into safe mode.
For a long time this has been achieved by pressing the F8 key, this all changed with Windows 8 and its Automatic Repair mode.
But what if we want Safe Mode?

You can still have Safe Mode, however, it is buried deep into the recovery options of Windows 8 and 10.

While just mashing the F8 key as we all know will boot you into automatic recovery mode, you can still manually access the recovery options by pressing the Shift+F8 key combination.

Even more simple, however, is the option to just hold the SHIFT key and click Restart at the login screen, or even within Windows.

If you can access your system through safe mode. I would suggest doing a system restore to a known good restore point.

You can also boot into the system BIOS and check to see if your drives are being recognized.

Let us know how things go

Hope this helps

Last edited by exc; 10-03-2016 at 10:01 PM..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote