ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 02-13-2018, 06:02 PM   #1
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Skyrim VR

Loaded this up and played about 15 minutes and ended up with the worst motion sickness . Nausea, weakness and dizzy.
That hasn’t happened in any other VR game so far.

I was having trouble moving around and finally realised the camera wasn’t setup but by then the sickness had already hit.

The NPC’s look different in VR, kinda like big blow up dolls, lol.
A bit weird. Nearly all 3D rendered games have a cartoony look, but we do get used to it pretty quickly in 2D on a monitor and it doesn’t seem to interfere with the suspension of disbelief.

Some games look more realistic than others of course while some are very stylised, by design. Skyrim is probably somewhere in between as far as realism goes and in VR the characters look a little spooky. The VR works and there’s a strong sense that the characters are right there in the room with you, standing next to you. The dragon was very impressive. Searching a room is likewise realistic as you look around.

It took over an hour to get my stomach back to normal. I will try again with the camera correctly set up and see if I can overcome it.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 02-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
fvbounty

Re: Skyrim VR

Well that sounds like your on a rolling fishing boat in the middle of the night....welcome to my world....lol
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX - Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S - 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15 - Asus GTX 980 TI Strix - Intel Optane 900P 280 gig for OS - Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig Steam Library - Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data - 1 TB WD Black data - Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS - Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor - HyperX Alloy Elite RGB Keyboard - Mionix Naos 7000 mouse - AudioEngine A5+ Speakers - Sennheiser GSX 1000 USB sound card - AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Online)   Reply With Quote