ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 05-12-2001, 09:18 PM   #16
Orbital32

I tried all that. I still do not understand why it chooses to extract in a drive other than c: ? could it be that it looks for the drive with the most space? But thanks for the help.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 05-12-2001, 10:27 PM   #17
Yoda_abx

If you have other drives, it will use them! Disconnect any that may be causing you a problem, if that is indeed the problem. I personally don't see that it would cause a problem...

I installed the sp2 several time on different machines and on each machine, a different drive was used. All of them went well...

Yoda
AKA: Usa_re8e1 (when gaming)

Show your support for this site by visting our advertisers...
Old 05-13-2001, 11:46 AM   #18
Orbital32

I don't think that I have to disconnect my drives, doesn't make sense to me. It will extract then right after delete all the files and give and error with update.exe. well I guess it's not meant to be till the day I reformat. Thanks for the help
Old 05-14-2001, 10:51 AM   #19
jritchie
ASUS CUSL2-BP 1GHZ

Question asus beta sp2 release.

Greg,

Where did you get the ASUS Beta release from? I'd like to get it!!

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trained up from an infant, Grasshopper learned the ultimate way to fix a troublesome PC!!
Old 05-14-2001, 12:04 PM   #20
Mushkin Rules

Cool

SP2 is very good here. Just FYI, These are responds from Hapatingjaky after installing SP2:

1.) UDMA 100 Finally works properly. I can use the ATA 100 controlers on my A7V!!!! The bootup for Win2k is so much faster now. Probably took me around 8 seconds to get into Windows 2000. ( You have to look at my system specs to see why )

2.) Did a 3D Mark 2001 Bench. Before with Service pack 1 I only got 4112. I am now getting using Service Pack 2 4175. An increase of 63 Points. HOLY **** 63 POINTS!!!!!

3.) My CPU temperature droped from 63c to 52c, although I am not to sure it had to do with the Service Pack 2, could have but I don't really know. I never made any adjustments to my system, just installed Service pack 2 and swithced my HDD's over to the ATA 100 Controler.

4.) You know the IRQ 9 thingy that Win2k likes to throw everything on IRQ 9.? Before with Service Pack 1 I had 8 things on IRQ 9, now with Service Pack 2 I only have 6. Weird.

Better check what's going on for SP2 Review from other forums: http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.p...3&pagenumber=1
Old 05-14-2001, 05:10 PM   #21
Greg_abx

Beta I metioned is on the ASUS ftp site in the password directory.
Old 05-14-2001, 05:32 PM   #22
SubZero

Re: Service pak install

Sounds like good advice... I think not doing that the last time killed my SP1 experience.

Just upgraded... Running well. Have to do some testing to be sure it stays that way...

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard Stern
Make sure all antivirus software and anything else you have running in the back ground is turned off, If that fails try installing it in safe mode. Also turn off all non Critical services. One of these methods should help you. If you had SP2 beta installed try removing it first. goodluck.
Old 05-14-2001, 11:32 PM   #23
Mushkin Rules

Cool Re: Re: Service pak install

Quote:
Originally posted by SubZero
Sounds like good advice... I think not doing that the last time killed my SP1 experience.

Just upgraded... Running well. Have to do some testing to be sure it stays that way...

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard Stern
Make sure all antivirus software and anything else you have running in the back ground is turned off, If that fails try installing it in safe mode. Also turn off all non Critical services. One of these methods should help you. If you had SP2 beta installed try removing it first. goodluck.
I remind you to be aware that when turning off all AntiVirus Softwares, remember that there is a new Virus NastyFriend99 which will be infecting computers on May 15. This virus will take all your email contacts and ICQ contacts and send to other contacts.
Do not open any email with the subject: "HI MY FRIEND!!!". Just a reminder
Old 05-15-2001, 03:44 AM   #24
JungleJim

For everyone who thinks 100MB is a bit too much to download: MS will release a smaller version (around 10MB) that can be used to update Win2K Pro. The smaller installation checks your system and only downloads the files really needed. A similar version will be released for Win2K Server.

The current download is the network release of SP2. It includes all updated files, for all Win2K variations.

HTH
Old 07-27-2001, 09:20 PM   #25
blurb_me
Intel Boy

this is abit out of topic but i really need to know do i need to install SP1 1st before i can install SP2 or i can install it straight away?

thanks!

Iwill KK266
Athlon 850@1G
384MB Kingmax PC150
MSI GF2 MX@200/180
Old 07-27-2001, 09:22 PM   #26
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Unless it changed - SP1 is in SP2. All I ever instal is SP2.

Good question tho' - now that it's up on the M$ update page...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Change is the only constant in life

Old 07-30-2001, 01:18 AM   #27
blurb_me
Intel Boy

bump.....

questioning time....

i plan to install win2k this weekend (previous install when it first came out was a horible one bcoz of sblive). now that i have download sp2 (130mb++ download on my 56k modem + liveware +detonator is a nightmare) , i wonder what should i do first after i have installed win2k.

steps:
1. install win2k
2. install all driver (which bios/4-1 should i use for kk266?)
3. sp2
4. program and application

what are your recommendations?

Iwill KK266
Athlon 850@1G
384MB Kingmax PC150
MSI GF2 MX@200/180
Old 10-06-2001, 04:03 PM   #28
patentman
Modded Person

Excuse me but is this SP2 meant for all W2K Pro versions? (I mean for international versions and not only for EN version?)
I choosed Mushkin Rule`s link
Old 10-06-2001, 04:13 PM   #29
k0NG0
Remembering TQ

SP2 is different for different languages. For the best link, check here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...p2/sp2lang.asp

-kONGO
Old 10-06-2001, 04:44 PM   #30
patentman
Modded Person

Thanks kONGO,
Fortunately it gave me the same file w2ksp2.exe of 101Mb on Greek section,I think it`s the same.