Quote:
Originally posted by traveler
Hey I'm a Wizard !!!!!

Good for you, Gandalf. Heh...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 05:55 PM   #48
traveler
Where to next?

It took me long enough to find out I could fly!

Old 01-04-2004, 02:07 PM   #49
Nosferatu_abx

I havent played it since october '03.
It was getting bored and was looking for another challenge.

But its a very good game.
Coolermaster Centurion, Optiarc DVD RW 7173 Scsi.
Linksys WRT54 GX router with SRX and and a Linksys WMP54GX pci adapter with SRX , Altec Lansing 251

My wife's rig
Asus P4PE Gold (G.Lan, Sata, soundmax) , bios version 1007
Intel P4 2533 mhz (NOC)
DIMM 1024 DDRAM PC400 (system runs at 333 mhz)
Sapphire X850XT 256 DDR3 (AGP) (Cat. 5.7 / dx9c), ATI Tray TOOLS without control center
Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 6Y080P0 80 GB, LiteOn DVD LTD-165 16/48, NEC DVD RW ND-3500AG
Chieftec Scorpio Serie: TX-10WD(350W), Coolermaster SAF-B82, win xp home sp 2,
Old 01-05-2004, 09:59 AM   #50
etrigan

Very good game, had some slight problems with it though...

Seems to stutter here and there while walking and changing area's....there might be a patch by now that fixes this, but I know when the game 1st came out it was a fairly common problem.

Also becareful what free addons you load, some are buggy and conflict with the game. Its nice to load an addon for a nice house though.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:40 PM   #51
CrankyFrank
Dispossessed

I just got the GOTY edition from Gogamer.com but it stinks I have to start over! My level 30 character perished in a Uninstall of death courtesy of nvidia's nforce2 drivers.

The mods for this game are superb but I agree with etrigan that you've got to be careful with some.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #52
KingTermite
The Shade of Lazarus

What kind of game is Morrowind?

Is it a shooter (Wolfenstein)?
A SIM type game (SIMs)?
One of those build your army type games (Diablo)?
A long drawn out logic game (like Myst) ?

What?

Is it one of the complicated control games that are nearly impossible without a joystick, or can it easily be played from keyboard?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bye Bye ABXZone.....Rest In Peace.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:43 PM   #53
CrankyFrank
Dispossessed

MW is a RPG game. It can be played in first person or third person perspective. At the start you choose your discipline (mage,warrior,etc) and build your character up while completing quests and slaying the evil around the huge game area. You don't have others to help fight with you full-time like (bioware games,kotor,etc) unless you summon something. What I like most is the hugeness of Morrowind, there are so many places to travel to, meet interesting beasts and kill them.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:47 PM   #54
KingTermite
The Shade of Lazarus

Quote:
Originally posted by CrankyFrank
MW is a RPG game. It can be played in first person or third person perspective. At the start you choose your discipline (mage,warrior,etc) and build your character up while completing quests and slaying the evil around the huge game area. You don't have others to help fight with you full-time like (bioware games,kotor,etc) unless you summon something. What I like most is the hugeness of Morrowind, there are so many places to travel to, meet interesting beasts and kill them.
So it's like a video game version of Dungeons & Dragons, right?

Bye Bye ABXZone.....Rest In Peace.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:51 PM   #55
TQ
You gonna throw that?

Um...only in an indirect way. It doesn't use a complicated hit point/save throw system such as Bioware employs with KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights. It's pretty straight foward. The game is also quite open-ended. That is to say as non-linear as a game can get that still has a main quest.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:31 PM   #56
traveler
Where to next?

Thumbs up

"Are you the one known as the Nerevar ?"

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ready for dagath ur.jpg (109.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 01-05-2004, 10:54 PM   #57
traveler
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally posted by KingTermite
What kind of game is Morrowind?

Is it a shooter (Wolfenstein)?
A SIM type game (SIMs)?
One of those build your army type games (Diablo)?
A long drawn out logic game (like Myst) ?

What?

Is it one of the complicated control games that are nearly impossible without a joystick, or can it easily be played from keyboard?

MORROWIND is very first person and immersive.

MORROWIND takes the prize for an open ended game. You, the player, decide where you go and what you do next. There is none of that you-must-go-down-this-hall-or-street looking for the "only" way out stuff going on in this game. You decide whether to go north or south or east or west in the enormously huge land of Morrowind (did I say enormous). Decide whether to go look for treasure in the mountains or dive in the sea to look for treasure in old wrecks. You need to sell that treasure to buy new weapons or get training. You will need those weapons and training for the quests you're on and the more dangerous and harder quests to come. Decide to join the Fighters Guild and learn fighting or to join the Mages Guild and learn magic or to join both. Or maybe join one of the other guilds.

And the weather!!! Increadible!!! Your walking/running from one town to another or in the mountains or desert or grazelands and suddenly it starts raining with increadible thunder all around you or fog everywhere or an ash storm or it's a beautiful day with a gorgeous sunset with stars and moons overhead. Should I explore the caverns or the ancient tombs or battle more baddies or ....

All this and more while going on quests for a great number of people for a great number of reasons.

And of course the main quest of the game which is to save the world of Morrowind from the biggest baddie of them all who is now wakening from centuries of sleep under the volcano.

Old 01-06-2004, 07:47 AM   #58
TQ
You gonna throw that?

We forgot one of the most significant aspects of Morrowind: it ships with a game editor.
You can create your own weapons (try to refrain from making an uber-something, it unbalances the game), and other artifacts of power.
I used it to give merchants more money so I could get the asking price for the loot I had found.
Again, when one applies logic to which merchants get more money the game doesn't become terribly unbalanced.
Example: giving a merchant more money in a major urban hub like Balmora makes sense while in some really out-of-the-way places it wouldn't.

Of course that doesn't explain the talking mudcrab merchant, who, by default, always buys things at street value and has 10,000 gold on him at all times.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:22 PM   #59
traveler
Where to next?

The mudcrab merchant buys things for more than list price. He really is drunk!

Old 01-06-2004, 12:50 PM   #60
VoodooAlien

The more I read this thread, the more I feel compelled to begin playing this game.

I got it in the bundle with my FX5900 and hadn't loaded it yet...looks like I may be spending some quality time in a new world tonight...
Maxtor DiamondMAX +9 120GB
Antec Sonata (380W TruePower), Antec 120MM SmartCool (exhaust)