ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 11-10-2004, 02:08 PM   #16
Unit44
Go Speedracer go!

Exclamation

Little problem.... whenever I try to paste a link into a post I get a popup window from firefox which says... "you need to edit your mozillia config file to allow this action" I cant find this option in the Firefox tools tab or anywhere else... anyone else have this problem??

ASUS A7N8XE-D - BIOS 1011 - XP3200 - 1.5GB Corsair 3200 - BFG GeForce 6800OC
3 X WD 80GIG Special Ed - OS = XPPRO WSP2 - Plextor 708A & Lite On CDR @ 52X

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 11-10-2004, 02:11 PM   #17
billfuddled
Please stand by...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha
Hmmm I wonder why it didn't work for me last time. Just tried it and it caught my misspelled wonder(wondir) this time around. I like that extension since I am a horrible speller at times.
All of the extension I've installed actually work only after re-starting the browser. Did you re-start before your first test?
Old 11-10-2004, 02:17 PM   #18
Arutha_abx
There is no fear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfuddled
All of the extension I've installed actually work only after re-starting the browser. Did you re-start before your first test?
Yea, the only way to get the extension to even start was to restart the browser. It seems to be working fine now anyways.

I have noticed though that for the tabbrowser preferences option that when you go to modify the settings there is no apply or ok once you have changed. So I close it out, but when I open it again it looks like the default settings are still there... Anyone else have this problem?
P4C800-E-Deluxe, P4 3.2, 2x512 Mushkin PC3500 Level one(2-3-2-6 timings@200FSB), VisionTek XTASY Radeon X850XT PE,Audigy2 ZS,Aspire Turbo 500W, Aspire X-SuperAlien(blue), 16XDVD(Lite On), 8X NEC2500A ±RW DVD Burner, Dell 20.1" 2005FPW LCD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He who can Destroy a thing, controls a thing"
Paul Muad'Dib

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:07 PM   #19
SupDawg

thanks for the spell checker, but it doesnt see my spelling errors using the WYSIWIG editor.

I used to use a spellchecker with IE, and it didnt work with the WYSIWIG editor as well.

But it does work when you use the standard editor.

Last edited by SupDawg; 12-23-2005 at 06:00 AM..
Old 11-10-2004, 03:13 PM   #20
SupDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha
Yea, the only way to get the extension to even start was to restart the browser. It seems to be working fine now anyways.

I have noticed though that for the tabbrowser preferences option that when you go to modify the settings there is no apply or ok once you have changed. So I close it out, but when I open it again it looks like the default settings are still there... Anyone else have this problem?
I installed the tab browser ext, and when I uninstalled it, it still left the present tab when there is one website open. Not a big deal.. But it doesnt seem like it uninstalled correctly.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:16 PM   #21
PCBruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawg
thanks for the spell checker, but it doesnt see my spelling errors using the WYSIWIG editor.

I used to use a spellchecker with IE, and it didnt work with the WYSIWIG editor as well.

But it does work when you use the standard editor.
Hummm, I am using it with the WYSIWYG editor. And, it works!
Old 11-10-2004, 03:17 PM   #22
wallijonn
PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex22
In firefox is there any way to make two columns of bookmarks
my list is a little long and I have to scroll up and down.
When I find what I want at the bottom, then I need something at the top
I had to create separate folders: A-E, F-J, K-O, P-T, U-Z. Then I can easily create subfolders with generic names, like "Forums" in "F", Anandtech, Tomshardware and Sharkyextrem in "Tech" under "T", etc.

But that right scroll bar (>>) is still a pain. Yeah, scrolling through hundreds of bookmarks is a pain. There is an off-line utility to alphabetise bookmarks - it even highlights duplicates.

Last edited by wallijonn; 11-10-2004 at 03:30 PM..
Old 11-10-2004, 03:19 PM   #23
SupDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCBruiser
Hummm, I am using it with the WYSIWYG editor. And, it works!
Can you post a screen shot?
Old 11-10-2004, 03:24 PM   #24
PCBruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawg
Can you post a screen shot?
Surrre!

Edit: Sorry for the poor quality. It is a 1600x1200 sceen, and I had to compress it to get the size down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture-1.jpg (116.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 11-10-2004, 03:30 PM   #25
SupDawg

Quote:
Surrre!

Edit: Sorry for the poor quality. It is a 1600x1200 sceen, and I had to compress it to get the size down.
If you look closely, when I reply to this, it is not true WYSIWYG.

Do a standard Post Reply and see if you get the same thing.

Also, when you do a screen shot- Hold down the Alt button, and it will just capture the focused window.

Use this program.. Its cool.

Last edited by SupDawg; 12-23-2005 at 06:00 AM..
Old 11-10-2004, 03:36 PM   #26
PCBruiser

I guess I misunderstood your question. I thought you saying it wouldn't work with the WYSIWYG editor in FireFox. That it does, but the Spellcheck editor itself is not WYSIWYG AFAIK. That's why I took a full screen shot, because I needed to do that to show that it was working with the WYSIWYG editor here that comes up in FireFox.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #27
PCBruiser

Tweak Network Settings

"Firefox has a couple of hidden network settings. With this extension, you can tweak these settings, and you might be able to speed up the loading of web pages. You can also increase the maximum number of simultaneous downloads from a site (the default is only four). Instead of changing each setting, you can also choose one of two profiles. The Power profile increases the maximum number of connections and turns on pipelining. The Default profile will reset the settings to the save, default values.

The Tweak Network Settings extension is tested in Firefox 0.9 and 1.0 Preview Release."

I tested it, it works with v1.

Download here: http://www.bitstorm.org/extensions/tweak.xpi
Old 11-10-2004, 05:48 PM   #28
fischyfinger
Spoooooooooon!

I have a problem that I can't figure out. I have bookmark toolbar bookmarks but I have moved them up to the menu bar so I could do away with the bookmark toolbar (see screenshot). Since I upgraded to 1.0, they are not there when I start Firefox but they will appear if I go to view>toobars>customize then exit out of the customize screen without changing anything.

Screenshot

Old 11-10-2004, 05:53 PM   #29
switch_abx

I got an empty page. Here you can choose to download from:
http://www.bitstorm.org/extensions/

Quote:

Last edited by switch_abx; 11-10-2004 at 06:06 PM..
Old 11-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #30
fischyfinger
Spoooooooooon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch
I get an empty page.
Right-click then "save link as". Save it somewhere then drag it into the extension window.

I just installed it myself and I am noticing speedier page loads already with the power setting...nice...I have yet to test it with any larger downloads yet.

Last edited by fischyfinger; 11-10-2004 at 06:03 PM..