ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 11-11-2004, 10:59 PM   #61
fischyfinger
Spoooooooooon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qba73
still jittery even with the default winxp theme oh well...its gets a bit annoying but im getting used to it.
SmoothWheel: http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=191
Superscroll: http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=108

Found here

Looks like the same problem you are having.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 11-11-2004, 11:13 PM   #62
Qba73
Bench This

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischyfinger
SmoothWheel: http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=191
Superscroll: http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=108

Found here

Looks like the same problem you are having.
iinstalled smoothwheel, little better, but i think the prob is more the refresh rate of the browser. example when i scroll in ie the text is visible and clear and fluid when i scroll fast however with FF the text looks like its blurred a bit when i scroll fast...other than that i love FF
Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
Old 11-12-2004, 04:29 AM   #63
SupDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qba73
still jittery even with the default winxp theme oh well...its gets a bit annoying but im getting used to it.
I was having the same problem it appeared to be most prevalent when i was scrooling large pictures. But somehow it cleared itself up. Don't ask me how, I can't even figure out how to uninstall this thing completly.

I actually want to start fresh, but when I unisntall, and reinstall- everything is the way I left it..

Old 11-12-2004, 05:06 AM   #64
k0NG0
Remembering TQ

I've had problems with mouse movement over the Extensions and Themes windows since I installed 0.6 way back when. There's a very noticeable lag when I move from outside the window over the edge to inside the window, or the other way around. Some themes (Charamel comes to mind) made this behaviour go away, which leads me to believe it is theme related. I have no idea why this is, and I've tried to search Mozillazine and using Google but I've come up with zilch. It's not that big a deal, but it's still a bit annoying.

Use
-

Feeling multicore elation? Remember this correlation:
Old 11-12-2004, 05:38 AM   #65
c_white_wolf
What's an eXpert?

Have you tried the Noia 2.0 eXtreme For Firefox theme to see if the jitters still exist? Just asking since I've been using it since FF 0.8 without problems.

I also came across another nice extension: Image Zoom allows you to use the right and middle mouse buttons to increase/decrease the size of an webpage image.

Updated: 2006-04-10
Old 11-12-2004, 08:01 AM   #66
Qba73
Bench This

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_white_wolf
Have you tried the Noia 2.0 eXtreme For Firefox theme to see if the jitters still exist? Just asking since I've been using it since FF 0.8 without problems.

I also came across another nice extension: Image Zoom allows you to use the right and middle mouse buttons to increase/decrease the size of an webpage image.

yup i have that as well, the jitters remain
Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
Old 11-12-2004, 08:02 AM   #67
Qba73
Bench This

Quote:
Originally Posted by kONGO
I've had problems with mouse movement over the Extensions and Themes windows since I installed 0.6 way back when. There's a very noticeable lag when I move from outside the window over the edge to inside the window, or the other way around. Some themes (Charamel comes to mind) made this behaviour go away, which leads me to believe it is theme related. I have no idea why this is, and I've tried to search Mozillazine and using Google but I've come up with zilch. It's not that big a deal, but it's still a bit annoying.

tell me about it kongo, i have searched more for this than people have searched for the holy grail and have come up with ziltch....lol
Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
Old 11-12-2004, 08:03 AM   #68
Qba73
Bench This

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawg
I was having the same problem it appeared to be most prevalent when i was scrooling large pictures. But somehow it cleared itself up. Don't ask me how, I can't even figure out how to uninstall this thing completly.

I actually want to start fresh, but when I unisntall, and reinstall- everything is the way I left it..

supdawg...see it messes with your head, it clears up sometimes for me and i think cool it fixed itself but later on comes back and laughs at me...the fox have a warped sense of humor..lol
Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
Old 11-12-2004, 08:38 AM   #69
Arutha_abx
There is no fear...

Quote:

I am so Stupid! I finally got Noia2.0 Extreme installed but it was always greyed out, so I figure I did something wrong. I finally decided to try to unistall it, then reinstall it again, but low and behold there was an Enable option that I kept on missing. I clicked on that and it finally allowed me to use that theme after a restart. Arrrg how did I miss that the first few hundred times!!!!
P4C800-E-Deluxe, P4 3.2, 2x512 Mushkin PC3500 Level one(2-3-2-6 timings@200FSB), VisionTek XTASY Radeon X850XT PE,Audigy2 ZS,Aspire Turbo 500W, Aspire X-SuperAlien(blue), 16XDVD(Lite On), 8X NEC2500A ±RW DVD Burner, Dell 20.1" 2005FPW LCD

"He who can Destroy a thing, controls a thing"
Paul Muad'Dib

Old 11-12-2004, 09:21 AM   #70
PCBruiser

Quote:
I found most of the rules at the Mozilla site in the tips&tricks section.
I believe it was PCBruiser who originally posted the four lines for use with the WYSIWIG menu here at ABXZone.

(My apologize to the member who did post those rules if I am wrong.)
Actually, while I have posted them several times here, I think kONGO was the first to discover and post that hack.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #71
Henesseynalert

I just made the switch last night, so far im liking firefox...I tested a couple of times browsin round the xXx just to see if i would get some spyware. But non would show on Adware. So does this mean the end of spyware with this browser or is there anything i need to download to scan spywares off?...

TIA,
Vflux

Old 11-12-2004, 11:18 AM   #72
PCBruiser

No, it is not the end of spyware at all, it is just that FF cannot execute ActiveX controls that many spyware sites use to quitely install their junk. FF also has an option (auto on) that prevents automatic software installations from all sites other than their update site. You can add other sites to that list.

So, here's what I recomment. Install SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard on your system. They will both work along with AdAware safely. They both do different things. Link: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/index.html

Edit: You should also modify your hosts file from here: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

and install the Adblock extension to get rid of all those annoying ads.

Last edited by PCBruiser; 11-12-2004 at 11:24 AM..
Old 11-12-2004, 11:36 AM   #73
Henesseynalert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCBruiser
No, it is not the end of spyware at all, it is just that FF cannot execute ActiveX controls that many spyware sites use to quitely install their junk. FF also has an option (auto on) that prevents automatic software installations from all sites other than their update site. You can add other sites to that list.

So, here's what I recomment. Install SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard on your system. They will both work along with AdAware safely. They both do different things. Link: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/index.html

Edit: You should also modify your hosts file from here: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

and install the Adblock extension to get rid of all those annoying ads.

Thx, I have another question. So how safe is this browser doing online shoppin. I ussually use my rig to shop for parts and i've been tryin to configure iit last night. So far it doesnt have a lot of options to choose from.....Btw this browser is slick n a bit faster than IE.

TIA,
Henessey

Old 11-12-2004, 12:00 PM   #74
PCBruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henesseynalert

Thx, I have another question. So how safe is this browser doing online shoppin. I ussually use my rig to shop for parts and i've been tryin to configure iit last night. So far it doesnt have a lot of options to choose from.....Btw this browser is slick n a bit faster than IE.

TIA,
Henessey
It is more safe than IE and I use it for that purpose frequently. There is a way to make FF even faster. Install the Tweak Network extension and use the Advanced settings (assuming you are on broadband). That will speed things up quite a bit, assuming that the site you are visiting is fast enough to support the tweaks. You really can't do much to speed up a fundimentally slow site.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:38 PM   #75
Henesseynalert

Done!!!! I just followed the link on the first page....thx again. Now it's cruisin.....

Chris