ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 11-12-2004, 02:31 PM   #76
Qba73
Bench This

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCBruiser
It is more safe than IE and I use it for that purpose frequently. There is a way to make FF even faster. Install the Tweak Network extension and use the Advanced settings (assuming you are on broadband). That will speed things up quite a bit, assuming that the site you are visiting is fast enough to support the tweaks. You really can't do much to speed up a fundimentally slow site.
Hey PC i installed that tweak extension, it speeded up my page load times considerably (im on cable)

i score this browser 99.9% that elusive .01% is FIX THE SCROLLING!!..lol other than that i have made the switch.
Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 11-12-2004, 06:21 PM   #77
Henesseynalert

PcBruiser, bro i have one more question. Man i ask too much questions eh! How come when i do disk cleanup nothing ever shows up anymore and how much disk space should i leave for the cache?.....

TIA,
Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:31 PM   #78
PCBruiser

Disk cleanup does not see the FireFox cache. You can download the X extension, and use that to clean the FF cache, or you can clear it periodically from the Options panel. You can also set the size of the FF cache in the Options panel. Personally, I set the FF cache at 100mb and find that quite sufficient. BTW, the X extension also cleans the history, cookies, etc.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:34 PM   #79
Henesseynalert

Quote:
Disk cleanup does not see the FireFox cache. You can download the X extension, and use that to clean the FF cache, or you can clear it periodically from the Options panel. You can also set the size of the FF cache in the Options panel. Personally, I set the FF cache at 100mb and find that quite sufficient. BTW, the X extension also cleans the history, cookies, etc.
Found it ......

Thx again,
Chris

Old 11-12-2004, 07:46 PM   #80
fischyfinger
Spoooooooooon!

The Toolbar Enhancements extension also gives you a "clear cache" button to put in your toolbar if you like.

Old 11-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #81
fischyfinger
Spoooooooooon!

I updated the Stop/Reload extension if anybody wants it. It combines the stop and reload buttons into one button that automatically becomes whatever is needed. (It never has to be both at once, right?) Let me know if it doesn't work.
Attached Files
File Type: rar stop-or-reload_button-0.1-fx.rar (5.8 KB, 9 views)

Old 11-12-2004, 10:59 PM   #82
fischyfinger
Spoooooooooon!

Original post updated. All links to extensions fixed, some helpful links added.

Suggestions welcome!

Old 11-13-2004, 12:15 AM   #83
switch_abx

I did not download and install your version yet. However I downloaded and attempted to install the one from the developer Caio Chassot at http://v2studio.com/k/moz/

However when I attempt to install that version it says that that version cannot be installed because it is incompatible with Firefox 1.0.

So, my question is: what makes your file different from the "original"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischyfinger
I updated the Stop/Reload extension if anybody wants it. It combines the stop and reload buttons into one button that automatically becomes whatever is needed. (It never has to be both at once, right?) Let me know if it doesn't work.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:43 PM   #84
David Habermehl
Proud Dad

Quote:
<snip> So, here's what I recomment. Install SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard on your system. They will both work along with AdAware safely. They both do different things. Link: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/index.html
<snip>
Yowza It's showing strange characters. Do you see it in English?

David

Descarte meets quantum theory: I think, therefore I might be.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:45 PM   #85
PCBruiser

Yes, english. No strange characters. Are you sure you got a good download?
Old 11-13-2004, 01:50 PM   #86
David Habermehl
Proud Dad

Quote:
Yes, english. No strange characters. Are you sure you got a good download?
It's consistent across several attempts. Attached a partial screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg javacool.jpg (104.8 KB, 20 views)

David

Descarte meets quantum theory: I think, therefore I might be.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:37 PM   #87
fischyfinger
Spoooooooooon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch
I did not download and install your version yet. However I downloaded and attempted to install the one from the developer Caio Chassot at http://v2studio.com/k/moz/

However when I attempt to install that version it says that that version cannot be installed because it is incompatible with Firefox 1.0.

So, my question is: what makes your file different from the "original"
I updated it to work with the new release by using PCBruiser's guide found here:

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79809

Basically it doesn't work with the new version because there is a line in the .rtf file that tells it not to. I just changed that line to include the new version. Works fine so far.

Old 11-13-2004, 04:44 PM   #88
PCBruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Habermehl
It's consistent across several attempts. Attached a partial screenshot.
Somehow you got to the Japanese version of the site. Try this link:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/index.html
Old 11-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #89
mktsurf

Java

Installed FX 1.0 but Java opens up frequently even though Im
surfing a web page where there is none.

Anyone else getting this?

mktsurf
Old 11-13-2004, 10:20 PM   #90
mktsurf

fototime

After installing 1.0 also getting this message from ZA:

The firewall has blocked Internet access to www.fototime.com (69.56.148.140) (ICMP Time Exceeded) from your computer.

Fototime?

Could this be related to FX 1.0?

Never had this block by ZA before.

mktsurf