ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 09-15-2001, 07:20 AM   #1
switch_abx

Message for Ozzie: inf. installation guide

Hi Ozzie,

I atempted to find your inf installation guide, however was unable to find it.

Can you indicate where I can find it?

You won't believe it: I installed the Intel Application Accelerator on a CUSL2 system in Safe mode. Went smooth without any problem. Did the same with an almost IDENTICAL system and now I am unable to even to boot up that system (W2K). Exactly the same problem I encountered some 2 months ago when I attempted to install an Intel inf. file. It took me about six weeks to find the energy to reinstall everythins on that damned system. This drives me crazy.

The only difference between the two systems is that the CUSL2 board where I have the problem is about 6 months older and this one has an iPanel. Same RAID Controllers, same Bios on RAID controller, same BIOS on CUSL2, same OS, same everything, almost like a twin.

I need some encouraging words from you as well.

Apropos, I realize very much that this problem is insignificant and futile in the context of the terrible tragedy that struck the US. We are all with you and be assured that we are there when you are in need of us. My older daughter of 13 is afraid for a 3rd world war. Many friends of her are afraid for that as she told me. They spent two hours discussing the disaster in the classroom at school with one of their teachers. We now spent at home a great deal as well with our kids discussing this, explaining, giving background information, put everything in a historic context etc. All our three kids are shocked about it.

We're all with you!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 09-15-2001, 10:05 AM   #2
switch_abx

Ozzie, I found the guide via another posting mentioning your guide.

So to conclude: you advise to install an Intel inf file e.g. in C:\intel folder.

Then reboot in safe mode with prompt.

Execute the inf installation routine from within c:\intel.

After that reboot W2K as usual.

Correct?
Old 09-15-2001, 11:57 AM   #3
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Oopps - sorry Dutch. I didn't see your post...I seem to be a little pre-occupied lately... thank you for your kind words...they are much needed and appreciated.
I have a 12 yr old daughter too and she's also having a tough time with it...

It sounds like you have that inf install figured out. I haven't tried that accelerator one yet.
I suggested creating a folder called Intel and putting the inf file into that folder. That way you can find it from a dos prompt after booting safe mode w/prompt.
As far as why exact systems behave differently - I see it all the time in school (yes I'm a student again) - a whole room full getting error messages at different times. As complicated as 'puters really are I'm surprised it isn't more-so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Change is the only constant in life

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.