ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 03-21-2005, 09:26 PM   #46
kswiss
the moon

I have a quick question regarding TB:

When I reply to an email it quotes the text of the original email then sets the focus of the cursor below the quoted text. I would like the focus to start above the quoted text instead. Is this possible to change? I cannot find the option to adjust this anywhere. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

DFI nF4 SLI-D, 3500+ Winchester, OCZ Plat. 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200, eVGA 7800GT,
2 x WD 36GB Raptor Raid0, Hitachi 80GB SATAII, Audigy 2, Zalman 7700-CU, OCZ Modstream 520W

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 03-22-2005, 08:51 AM   #47
kswiss
the moon

I guess this is not possible?

2 x WD 36GB Raptor Raid0, Hitachi 80GB SATAII, Audigy 2, Zalman 7700-CU, OCZ Modstream 520W

Old 03-22-2005, 08:56 AM   #48
PCBruiser

Yep, you can do this. Right click on one of your email accounts (the top line for the name of the account, the one in bold - Folders on the left), then Properties. That opens a window called Account Settings. Under Composition, you will find an option to do this. You will need to set this individually for each email account.

Last edited by PCBruiser; 03-22-2005 at 09:01 AM..
Old 03-22-2005, 09:28 AM   #49
kswiss
the moon

Great! I knew there had to be a way, just could not find it. Thanks!

Old 03-28-2005, 09:10 PM   #50
Quarkmachine

When printing an e-mail in TB, it always prints the message header as well. As you can imagine this wastes alot of paper and is totally unnecessary. Anybody know how to make it print the message only?

Thanks

"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Old 03-28-2005, 10:32 PM   #51
Fraoch
Resident ABX Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkmachine
When printing an e-mail in TB, it always prints the message header as well. As you can imagine this wastes alot of paper and is totally unnecessary. Anybody know how to make it print the message only?

Thanks
What, the complete header? Mine just gives 3 lines: subject, from and to. There must be a way to change it.

Do you have TB set to show you "All" headers in View - Headers - All? Try View - Headers - Normal.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:42 AM   #52
Quarkmachine

Thanks Froach, I will give that a try today!

Old 03-29-2005, 11:21 PM   #53
Fraoch
Resident ABX Wizard

Quote:
Thanks Froach, I will give that a try today!
...and? There are only 40 minutes left in the day!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:31 AM   #54
Quarkmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraoch
...and? There are only 40 minutes left in the day!
Sorry it took me so long to fill you in!! Yes, that did fix it! I can't believe that I missed that, I looked so hard for any settings relating to headers lol. Thanks again for the help!

Old 03-31-2005, 03:56 PM   #55
Fraoch
Resident ABX Wizard

Quote:
Sorry it took me so long to fill you in!! Yes, that did fix it! I can't believe that I missed that, I looked so hard for any settings relating to headers lol. Thanks again for the help!
No problem, glad it worked.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:27 PM   #56
Nightwing
Humble Servant

Anyone have a free alternative to Hotmail Popper? I have been searching all over and have not had any luck. I have used Thunderbird in the past but was always disappointed that Hotmail was not accessible ( or free for that matter ). Which is why I have been still using Outlook Express because I have two Hotmail accounts in addition to others I use for private email. I find it very convenient to have ALL of my email accounts in one location to read my email. I noticed in an earlier post in this thread that someone was using Hotmail Popper but an earlier version? Is that one free? If so can you provide a link to that? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:07 PM   #57
Moop

I don't know if this works but it sounds like what you were looking for.
Mapinotify
Old 04-05-2005, 08:59 AM   #58
Fraoch
Resident ABX Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
Anyone have a free alternative to Hotmail Popper? I have been searching all over and have not had any luck. I have used Thunderbird in the past but was always disappointed that Hotmail was not accessible ( or free for that matter ). Which is why I have been still using Outlook Express because I have two Hotmail accounts in addition to others I use for private email. I find it very convenient to have ALL of my email accounts in one location to read my email. I noticed in an earlier post in this thread that someone was using Hotmail Popper but an earlier version? Is that one free? If so can you provide a link to that? Thanks in advance.
I thought there was a "universal" POP server that had settings for both Gmail and Hotmail.

I googled it but couldn't find anything.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:04 AM   #59
PCBruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraoch
I thought there was a "universal" POP server that had settings for both Gmail and Hotmail.

I googled it but couldn't find anything.
I think youare right Fraoch. I remember seeing something about that as well. But where? There may have been a link posted here somewhere as well.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:10 AM   #60
Fraoch
Resident ABX Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCBruiser
I think youare right Fraoch. I remember seeing something about that as well. But where? There may have been a link posted here somewhere as well.
I thought it was at Majorgeeks.com but I looked there and I couldn't find anything.

Googled "universal popper" but only found info about Karl Popper. Computers are so danged literal.