ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 01-26-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
count minaba
Fangtastic!

Arrow Playing World of Warcraft - Official thread!

I'd like to start an ABX discussion thread on this game.
I know there are whole forums devoted to it along with a plethora of websites but I'd still love to share thoughts and opinions here.
I've had WoW for about a week and I think my wife is ready to leave me out of sexual frustration
I load it up after dinner and thats me gone till 2 or 3am.
My main character is already level 16 and he's a human warrior. I plan to play on the hoard side soon, maybe an Undead Mage.... and that's what I love about this game. You can play multiple games that are completely different in makeup and design.
I still stand in awe when a level 60 Paladin rides by all decked out in his finery on a massive white steed. No two of them look the same. Or a level 48 7.5 foot tall Night Elve turns into a black panther and wastes everything in sight. Simply amazing. Another thing I love are the seemless graphics. Take flight on the back of a Rok from Stormwind to the city of dwarves, Ironforge. In miles as the crow flies it must be at least 100 and you fly in real time across ever changing landscapes below you in full glorious 3D and there are NO load screens... ever!

The first month of play is free, then $15US per mth. I'd gladly pay double that to play this game.
Nuff said... I gotta go and play some now

Edit: I'm still a WoW newbie. Looking forward to members input!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-26-2005, 12:58 AM   #2
sammy2066
ABX Public Relations

well said minaba .....
Most users ever online was 1,377, 04-19-2006 at 10:31 PM.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:59 AM   #3
count minaba
Fangtastic!

Do you have it sammy?
Old 01-26-2005, 01:05 AM   #4
sammy2066
ABX Public Relations

my dad refuses to pay for online gaming ......

Old 01-26-2005, 01:08 AM   #5
SupDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sλmmy2066
my dad refuses to pay for online gaming ......
Sammy, can't you get a job d00d?
Old 01-26-2005, 01:27 AM   #6
Saint Dymphna

This is a very timely post for me. I just cancelled my City of Heros account yesterday. CoH was my first mmorpg (is that what its called?) and i really really enjoyed the game. It took me about 3 months to get a lvl 50 character in that. By that time the only reason i played was to get the highest level. Nothing in the game interested me anymore, gameplay, content, items, maps, sceinery, people, etc etc etc. I went back to it when the new issue came out. The new archetypes are great and all but sheesh...... the game is exactly the same. Of course i haven't "arrested" the end game jelly mold "Hamidon" and i haven't done all the missions or all the so called "Task Force" 3hr grind fest with a team of 8. It's fun to do each unique theme map the first 1-2 times.... after that yawn.

I guess its really a case of what i was expecting. I was expecting lots and lots of things to do. Build houses, visit toilets, pick noses, make beer bottles and pee in them, anything really. Instead i got wickedly addictive if not eventually insanely repetitive activites that in the end left me no smarter.

Not that WoW will make me smarter but by the sound of it i can live an entire, possibly immortal (well, for as long as the game or i am around :/ ) life of bliss or mayhem or maybe those are the same!? I think a game like this.... being and RPG and all should allow you to do as much as you possibly can and it sounds like WoW delivers.

I have heard about uptime problems but i'm not to concerned. I have a job so lord knows i can't play all the time ( sigh )

I'll be picking it up tomorrow, Count's description has made me wan't it bad

SD

Old 01-26-2005, 01:31 AM   #7
JCNiest5
Computer Maniac

Now, WoW is played online only, correct? We can't even play against our own computer, correct? That's what I thought so WoW isn't an interest to me at all. Having several mouths to feed, I'm not about to spend $15.00/month for game. It's just a waste of money IMHO. But lots of people waste money, anyway, so WHAT!!!!???? But not ME!!!
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, A64 4000+, EVGA 7600GT OC
Gigabyte P4M900-M4 Rev. 6.1, P4 3Ghz Prescott, 2GB OCZ Gold (2x1GB), EVGA 8500GT 1GB DDR2
Old 01-26-2005, 01:38 AM   #8
Saint Dymphna

Sure the money is a factor. I live pretty lean though ( no women or kids or other expensive hobbies ). I enjoy playing games and, well, this is the gaming zone

SD

Old 01-26-2005, 01:50 AM   #9
JCNiest5
Computer Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Dymphna
Sure the money is a factor. I live pretty lean though ( no women or kids or other expensive hobbies ). I enjoy playing games and, well, this is the gaming zone

SD
Good for you. Eventually there will be times when you will reach my state unless you decide to live a celibacy life throughout. Kudo to you if you can.
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, A64 4000+, EVGA 7600GT OC
Gigabyte P4M900-M4 Rev. 6.1, P4 3Ghz Prescott, 2GB OCZ Gold (2x1GB), EVGA 8500GT 1GB DDR2
Old 01-26-2005, 03:02 AM   #10
SubZero

I would love to give WOW a spin but I refuse to pay a monthly fee to play a game... There are weeks I play and there are weeks I don't have the time or interest. I have enough things making sure my money goes to waste allready hehehe...
Old 01-26-2005, 03:03 AM   #11
SubZero

Oh and I think it's 15,= a month here... that's... $19.50 right... LOL.. noway hose....
Old 01-26-2005, 03:04 AM   #12
sammy2066
ABX Public Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawg
Sammy, can't you get a job d00d?

kids dont get jobs in india ..... its not like in th US .... where kids are encouraged to work ..... and even if i did .... i could prolly afford a few magazines out of the pay .....

Old 01-26-2005, 03:28 AM   #13
SupDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sλmmy2066
kids dont get jobs in india ..... its not like in th US .... where kids are encouraged to work ..... and even if i did .... i could prolly afford a few magazines out of the pay .....
I thought you were a teenager. Like 16-17?

Sorry for the Thread Jack.

My buddies have been raving about this game. But like Subzero, I don't think it's right to have to pay for a game monthly and pay to buy it.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:19 AM   #14
sammy2066
ABX Public Relations

me is 17 yrs old .... but we dont have any jobs for students here .....

Old 01-26-2005, 05:47 PM   #15
count minaba
Fangtastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero
I would love to give WOW a spin but I refuse to pay a monthly fee to play a game... There are weeks I play and there are weeks I don't have the time or interest. I have enough things making sure my money goes to waste allready hehehe...
To anyone worried about the ongoing cost, you can pay monthly at a time and then chooses to lay off for a month or two... your account and characters wont be deleted.
If you have a principle against subscription games and I know I did, find someone with WoW and watch them play for awhile. That's what I did and my principle rapidly flushed down he toilet. It is simply the best game I have ever, ever played! I can do without a carton of 2doz beers each month if I need to balance the check book
BTW, there is nothing linear about WoW... you can go where you want and even tackle quests way beyond you. Simply join or organise a party of other guys to meet your objective of the moment. That way you can participate in stuff way past your level abilities.