ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 01-27-2005, 04:26 PM   #46
kswiss
the moon

Why go PvP, whats the difference? You can just attack the othe faction whenever you want or something?

DFI nF4 SLI-D, 3500+ Winchester, OCZ Plat. 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200, eVGA 7800GT,
2 x WD 36GB Raptor Raid0, Hitachi 80GB SATAII, Audigy 2, Zalman 7700-CU, OCZ Modstream 520W

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-27-2005, 04:57 PM   #47
AGR964
Se├▒orMushyBottom

PvP servers are basically designed more for Horde vs. Alliance battles, as well as skirmishes throughout the world, with questing on the side. While in the middle of a quest, a higher level member may just decide to come up to you and kill you for fun (for them, not for you).

Because of this annoying aspect of PvP, I have joined a RP server, where PvP combat is much more limited. It focuses on completing quests, rather than just beating down the other side. In RP servers, Also in RP servers I've found that the chat tends to be less annoying, and can actually immerse you more into the game world.

fjerbvpodjytgdkrfg
Old 01-27-2005, 05:31 PM   #48
iMogal
Zoom Zoom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGR964
PvP servers are basically designed more for Horde vs. Alliance battles, as well as skirmishes throughout the world, with questing on the side. While in the middle of a quest, a higher level member may just decide to come up to you and kill you for fun (for them, not for you).

Because of this annoying aspect of PvP, I have joined a RP server, where PvP combat is much more limited. It focuses on completing quests, rather than just beating down the other side. In RP servers, Also in RP servers I've found that the chat tends to be less annoying, and can actually immerse you more into the game world.
Yes, this is true... you have a couple of guys that will "Camp your corpse"
meaning that they will kill you, and keep killing you just as your Resserect...
its a pain, and pretty ignorant. Why they do it is beyond me?
but its still a very fun game!

SilverStone TJ-08
MAXIMUS VI GENE mATX
Intel« CoreÖ i7-4770K Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)
2x4Gb G.SKILL TridentX F3-2400C10D-8GTX 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-2400 CL10
OCZ Vertex 3 - 128Gb
WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB
AMD Radeon HD 7950 GPU
Corsair HX620 Modular PSU
Dell UltraSharp 2407FPW (x2)
Monsoon MM-700 2.1 Speakers
Old 01-27-2005, 06:59 PM   #49
Jorrell

Its never been a problem for me...they've been instituting an honor system that makes it meaningless to kill players that are much lower than you. I'm not sure how its going to work though. What usually happens is lower levels run away and alert higher levels who kill the invader. I've only seen one guy get his corpse camped, but he kinda deserved it since he entered a horde town and started beating up people. Most of the time I encounter a higher level enemy I run or just stop and watch...usually they'll just wave although there've been a couple times where my friend and I walked up to them and started dancing with them. :-)

If they camp your corpse you can always just resurrect at the graveyard....the penalties for dying are imho too low in WoW

Old 01-27-2005, 07:14 PM   #50
teng029

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMogal
Yes, this is true... you have a couple of guys that will "Camp your corpse"
meaning that they will kill you, and keep killing you just as your Resserect...
its a pain, and pretty ignorant. Why they do it is beyond me?
but its still a very fun game!
corpse camping is a cheap tactic, but as for why people do it... well for the simple fact that they can and they know that its annoying.

i've played enough of mmorpgs to know that it brings out the worst in people once they figure out what they can get away with..
Old 01-28-2005, 12:16 AM   #51
changas

just bought it today

alliance dwarven warrior

on dunemaul

hreidmar

cheers!
Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier,
Who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.

- By Father Denis Edward O'Brien, USMC
Old 01-28-2005, 05:12 AM   #52
count minaba
Fangtastic!

Good one changas... the game is available here still but in carefully released quantity to control overcrowding. You'll love it.

I am LMAO at this corpse camping business. I play on a NORMAL server where you can turn PVP on or off in options. A player can't attack another unless his challenge is agreed to... or so I believe. I have been challenged just once when about level 10 but the guy didn't realise I had a huge 29-44 damage two handed sword my son kindly emailed me. Way beyond aquiring naturally at that level
He was sliced and diced in seconds. At his last breath his character fell to his knees and auto-begged for mercy. I then wasted him anyway so he could think twice about challenging others as his ghost ran back from the graveyard.
It still cracks me up so much
Hell it's a fun game only limited by your imagination!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:44 PM   #53
count minaba
Fangtastic!

I've nearly got my Warrior to Lv 20
I'm still loving this game. So much to do and the freedom to do what you want, go where you want
Old 02-02-2005, 11:21 PM   #54
Wingit
Palm Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by count minaba
I've nearly got my Warrior to Lv 20
I'm still loving this game. So much to do and the freedom to do what you want, go where you want
I started a human mage on your server after you posted...only pumped him to 13 so far (only 3 deaths...not bad, eh?)...haven't seen you yet, but maybe we'll connect....
Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1, 4790k Haswell I7, Noctua U14S cooler w/ 2nd fan in push/pull, 16gb (2x8) G.Skill Trident X 2400, EVGA GTX 980ti FTW 6gb Video, HP 2711x Display, LG Blu-ray, Creative Z series sound, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD OS drive, WD Black 2tb Data drive, in Corsair Carbide AIR540 case, powered by Corsair HX750i, Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse, Ducky Shine 5 keyboard.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #55
count minaba
Fangtastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingit
I started a human mage on your server after you posted...only pumped him to 13 so far (only 3 deaths...not bad, eh?)...haven't seen you yet, but maybe we'll connect....
Send me an email (and some gold )
My character is Minaba. What's your guy called Wingit? Ican email you any good Wizard stuff I come across
Old 02-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #56
Wingit
Palm Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by count minaba
Send me an email (and some gold )
My character is Minaba. What's your guy called Wingit? Ican email you any good Wizard stuff I come across
Wyngyt of course! ...donations accepted gladly...I'll do the same...the mage is an easy char to level, strong from the get go, but can't let bad things get too close due to cloth armor restriction on class...:wave2:
Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1, 4790k Haswell I7, Noctua U14S cooler w/ 2nd fan in push/pull, 16gb (2x8) G.Skill Trident X 2400, EVGA GTX 980ti FTW 6gb Video, HP 2711x Display, LG Blu-ray, Creative Z series sound, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD OS drive, WD Black 2tb Data drive, in Corsair Carbide AIR540 case, powered by Corsair HX750i, Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse, Ducky Shine 5 keyboard.

Old 02-04-2005, 02:42 AM   #57
Drc Ok
ABXPopulator

Last night i went to Russell's (count minaba) house for a few hours and some beers, anyway he showed me WoW. I have to admit that when Russ started telling me about this game on the phone it sounded great but i have never been into MMORPG ever so i wasnt that keen on it. After seeing him play it, and showing me his son's and his characters, i have to have this game. It is truly stunning, the graphics, the gameplay, the attention to detail. I never thought i would pay money to play a game online, but for this game i am making an exception.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:00 AM   #58
AGR964
Se├▒orMushyBottom

I'm nearly at Level 38. I can't wait until I get my mount.

This is the first MMORPG I've ever played, and I have to say, it's well worth the $15 a month.

fjerbvpodjytgdkrfg
Old 02-04-2005, 03:13 AM   #59
Drc Ok
ABXPopulator

We saw people riding dragons, and giant snakes and even snow leopards, simply amazing.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:13 PM   #60
CJ
Former Site Ruler

Since it seems that an ABXZone guild has not been created yet, then I will do so.

I have a level 10 human paladdin on the Lightbringer server. I have plenty of silver to buy the guild charter.

Therefore, I propose using Lightbringer as the server. If we can get 10 of us, we're on our way!

If we do this, lets do it ASAP...

CJ