FB

Sad F@H graphs....

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c....php?s=&t=1714

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 04-13-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
VSEKH
Fold for ABX

Our production has gone up the last 3 days. Let's continue to keep the upward trend going.

It would be nice to get some more members to start folding.
Folding Rig:Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, Powercolor X300SE, Audigy2zs, 4G DDR2-800 Mushkin memory, Plextor PX-760, Pair of 74GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & Seagate 750GB SATA drives, PC Power & Cooling 610 watt PSU, Coolermaster Cosmos case

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus Formula SE, Intel QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, EVGA 8800GTX, 4GB of GSkill DDR2-1000, Audigy XFi fatality, Samsung 203B, Pair of 150GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & 1TB Hitachi Sata hard drives, PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU, Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01 case

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by VSEKH; 04-13-2005 at 01:07 PM..
Old 04-13-2005, 09:55 PM   #3
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

FB

Take a look at the number of active folders for Abxzone. I was a little shocked at the number of active folders. I thought the number would be higher..

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...s=&t=1714#1714

Cheers

Phalinx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-13-2005, 10:40 PM   #4
epicbard
mmm... bacon bits

man its a damn shame we only have 92 ppl.... now now... i know some fold for sub teams... but its still damn lame

Old 04-14-2005, 06:34 AM   #5
Ozzie
CRS Designee

At our current rate we will stay where we are for a while still even though we have dropped some in production. I would also expect other teams are going through the same thing.
As VSEKH postively noted - our numbers are turning again (mine personally as well), so I think part of this is because the poor units we've been getting.

I do agree that we need to come up with something to renew interest with our folding team. The sub teams worked for a while...we need some ideas...let's get this thread moving in a positive direction...

Change is the only constant in life

Old 04-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #6
Underwater Mike

Is this user count accurate? I have 5 instances going, but since I joined the established sub-groups, rather than under my own id, doesn't that mean I'm just lumped in with those groups? That is, P4P is just one user, regardless of how many people join under that id?

Old 04-14-2005, 09:39 AM   #7
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

I have an idea. We won't loose any current points, but lets have everyone under one team----- 1714 -----.

I don't know what kind of incentives could be offered for those that have stopped folding or are abxzone members/non folders. However, I do think it might be a good idea to do the following:

These might be a good incentives:

1. Folders get a banner/personalized banner(different banners after reaching cetain milestones -- folding points --).
2. No custom user title unless you are folding.

I was going to add a third, but I don't think it will float. I was going to suggest an Abxzone give-a-way contest to folders, but it might be hard to come up with something to give away.....

Well, anyway it's just my .02c

Cheers

Phalinx

Old 04-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #8
crazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie
At our current rate we will stay where we are for a while still even though we have dropped some in production. I would also expect other teams are going through the same thing.
As VSEKH postively noted - our numbers are turning again (mine personally as well), so I think part of this is because the poor units we've been getting.

I do agree that we need to come up with something to renew interest with our folding team. The sub teams worked for a while...we need some ideas...let's get this thread moving in a positive direction...
I agree 100%....I have been thinking for awhile about someway to increase the numbers of members we have folding.
This is one idea I had. Maybe if the current folders donated just a couple of dollars into a pool....(100 folders give just 3-5 bucks each = 300-500 bucks) Then have someone be the designated controller (ozzie maybe :wave2: )
Take the money and buy some lastest greatest computer part (video card, cpu...or whatever) Put everyone's name into the pot and draw a name. The drawing would be every three months and you have to be an active folder for the 3 months.
I know some would say that they wouldn't want to donate money to something like this. But, I personally wouldn't mind. What's a couple of bucks every three months. Considering the money we put into our own systems. And hey for a couple of bucks you have the chance to get a new part!
Also, another problem might be trying to draw someone's name. This part of the idea might need some thinking to make sure nobody gets drawn twice. Or to make sure that the drawing is fair.
Anyways this is just an idea that popped into my head. Remember I am Crazer!!!!
So, if anyone has another idea that they think would be great go ahead and post it. We need input to come up with away to incite interest and excitement about folding!!!!!

Keep Folding!!!!

Old 04-14-2005, 08:28 PM   #9
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Thanks for the idea crazer...

I've always liked the idea of some sort of drawing like you suggest. If others wanted to do something like this I would be happy perform such a service for our fellow folders. Anything we can do to generate more interest and is fair sounds really great to me...

Old 04-14-2005, 08:56 PM   #10
Ozzie
CRS Designee

My production isn't the greatest anymore either...but I'm steady and have been at it for a long time...like the beginning of our team...

Some members find it too difficult to leave their machines running, but we do have many very dedicated members that keep on rolling along...cheers to those that hang with 1714...

Here's where I've been stuck for some time now...
Attached Images
File Type: png production_day.php.png (18.4 KB, 18 views)

Old 04-14-2005, 09:52 PM   #11
sammy2066
ABX Public Relations

my house is under complete renovation ....... :sad:
Most users ever online was 1,377, 04-19-2006 at 10:31 PM.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:14 PM   #12
zsaz1029

I also like crazer's idea and would be happy to participate.

-----
"A scar is never the same as good flesh, but it stops the bleeding." -- FitzChivalry Farseer (Assassin's Quest by Robin Hobb)
"Only my pain is more silent than my anger." -- Amber (The Liveship Traders by Robin Hobb)
-----

Old 04-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #13
Underwater Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie
My production isn't the greatest anymore either...but I'm steady and have been at it for a long time...like the beginning of our team...

Some members find it too difficult to leave their machines running, but we do have many very dedicated members that keep on rolling along...cheers to those that hang with 1714...

Here's where I've been stuck for some time now...
I've been folding with P4P, Athlon and Beggin 4 Power for over a year, but I've recently thought about reconfiguring -- starting over -- so that all my points accrue under a unique username. Are most of you guys folding on your own, outside the subgroups?

Old 04-15-2005, 10:42 AM   #14
crazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Mike
I've been folding with P4P, Athlon and Beggin 4 Power for over a year, but I've recently thought about reconfiguring -- starting over -- so that all my points accrue under a unique username. Are most of you guys folding on your own, outside the subgroups?
There are still quite a few still folding in subgroups. I personally fold under my own name because I like to watch climbing up the rankings. But, it is just a personal preference.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:52 AM   #15
FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazer
There are still quite a few still folding in subgroups. I personally fold under my own name because I like to watch climbing up the rankings. But, it is just a personal preference.
me too