ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 06-02-2005, 11:01 PM   #31
Ozzie
CRS Designee

I noticed it too XJ...

It hasn't made the move over with the changes yet...but we won't forget.
Thanks for the reminder...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Change is the only constant in life

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 07-29-2005, 09:30 PM   #32
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Just a note to let you guys I haven't forgotten this thread...I think the mods are taking a little break after all the changes (probably a good thing).

I would like to thank those that participate in the folding forums to keep things moving...you guys are helping a lot and it is appreciated. If we had even a banner of recognition to use for a monthly hand around you guys would have one already...

Old 07-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #33
Protoplasm72
Mmmm..... Folding@Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ.
FWIW....

Some things off the top of my head:

1) Under the "Polls" on the left hand side, maybe we could list the top 20 folders. Maybe a 'newest' folding member could be placed there as well.

2) For everyone that has the "AB Folding@Home Team" maybe we could have a weekly/monthly email, noting some of our successes and including a detailed report of 'that' user's contributions. We could list the top 20 folders/subteams, top 20 WU/Point producers for that period and a list of the newest 20 users. Optionally we could put some sort of 'News' section.

I know this all this would involve scriptings - but people would probably feel a bit more 'connected' as a team.

Edit: typos
I forgot about this thread. I really like XJ's idea but maybe we could list user milestones on the front page. The top folders remains fairly constant because of how long we've all been folding and not everyone has the $$ to build the kind of power to become a top producer. However everyone has the ability to hit 5,000 or 10,000 points. It would encourage small folders to keep folding which is what distributed computing is about.

"Friends, Family, Religion... These are the three demons you must slay in order to succeed in business" C.M. Burns
Old 07-29-2005, 10:31 PM   #34
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

Ozzie, XJ

I've been in contact with Paragon and Epicbard on the idea of a banner or button on the ABXZone home page. It will be located on the left side and can only be w=174 h=60.

XJ, I like your idea of posting the top 20 team members or recognizing those individuals for outstanding achievement. We might come up with something like a badge or an added feature to the existing banners for outstanding daily, weekly, or monthly production.

We should list those that hit their milestones. That will give everyone who folds a chance to see their names on the home page. I think we should give Crazer's idea of a monthly raffle some more thought. We could all donate some money or items for the drawings.

Cheers

Old 07-30-2005, 12:30 AM   #35
Ozzie
CRS Designee

I wonder what size our old front page banner was...it sure would be nice to get that or even something new back again.
I think not only milestones, but contributions helping other members too. This is crucial for team building and we couldn't be without the help.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #36
MANOWAR
Call To Arms

In my abscence from ABXZone I noticed some interesting ideas being used elsewhere:
1) "Adopt A Rig." I saw this used on two different websites. Folding team members donate parts and a computer is built. That computer is sent to someone who will use it to fold 24/7 for ABX.
The downside with this idea is how do you enforce it?
2) New members get a custom title/avatar right away if they fold for ABX. Again, the potential for abuse is there but it might help.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:36 AM   #37
SupDawg

I like it.. I have some spare parts to donate.. nothing too cutting edge, but I would be willing to participate.
I think the avatar thing is really nice..

Maybe let people have one if they contribute 10 WU's?
Old 08-02-2005, 03:49 AM   #38
Jorrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawg
I like it.. I have some spare parts to donate.. nothing too cutting edge, but I would be willing to participate.
I think the avatar thing is really nice..

Maybe let people have one if they contribute 10 WU's?
I have an original Athlon 500 if anyone has a motherboard for it!

Old 08-28-2005, 09:52 AM   #39
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Let's bump this thread back up active again. I believe we are getting closer to doing something and I'd like to get a direction going again.

The banner for the front page - it's great to see you guys interested in updated this...
Do we have anything to look at yet? Do you guys know what size contraints to deal with?

An avatar for an early folder is a mighty fine idea too...I like that one and it's easy to do from a modding perspective.

Awards of some sort for recognition are in order too - we need to find a way to show appreciation for our team.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #40
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Now with the folding banner back on the front page (thank you kONGO ), I see the size is 125 X 65 (right click to see).
Since Phalinx got w=174 h=60 from Paragon it sounds like we can figure what we have to work with if someone wants a fresh look. The only thing is total size and I'm waiting for CJ to tell me a limit (the current model is very small).

We also have some available room on the new server for some fun stuff too, so we can get a bit creative and have some fun.

Let 's get it going guys - we have the green light!

Old 08-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #41
XJ.

Great to see the folding banner back!!! And I agree with Proto and Phalinx that a milestone list would be better than top 20 - since the top 20 doesn't change much.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:33 PM   #42
epicbard
mmm... bacon bits

you guys asked me to try to make you a new banner, and well... I've sorta you know... procrastinated... and totally missed this thread so... heres what I have:

input and ideas welcome and needed.

i dunno what you guys will say. i hope you like the concept

Old 08-31-2005, 02:35 PM   #43
SupDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbard
you guys asked me to try to make you a new banner, and well... I've sorta you know... procrastinated... and totally missed this thread so... heres what I have:

input and ideas welcome and needed.

i dunno what you guys will say. i hope you like the concept
I like it, maybe add some color.. Maybe a nice red for contrast in there somewhere?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:39 PM   #44
epicbard
mmm... bacon bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawg
I like it, maybe add some color.. Maybe a nice red for contrast in there somewhere?
how about orange? i think it works well with the blue

but besides that... what should it say? whats better? obviously it needs a logo that says "ABXZone folding@home team 1714" in there

Old 08-31-2005, 08:27 PM   #45
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Dark Orange maybe in the area there is white at the bottom now (fold, the swiggly line , and the exclamation)?

We can come up with other catchy things in the animation...join a top ranked team, be more attractive to the opposite sex, and the like...

Nice effort though...and there is nothing to say that we have to stick with just one either - we can rotate to keep things fresh.