ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 09-01-2005, 07:27 AM   #46
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbard
how about orange? i think it works well with the blue

but besides that... what should it say? whats better? obviously it needs a logo that says "ABXZone folding@home team 1714" in there

I was in contact with Paragon a while ago until my computers decided to take holiday. Epic nice job on the banner. I'm in the process of looking into a 3d banner program. I had one made but now it's gone due to reformat. I was trying to keep the same theme going with our abx zone logo at the top of the page.

cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 03-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #47
Protoplasm72
Mmmm..... Folding@Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbard
you guys asked me to try to make you a new banner, and well... I've sorta you know... procrastinated... and totally missed this thread so... heres what I have:

input and ideas welcome and needed.

i dunno what you guys will say. i hope you like the concept
Whatever happened to this?? I kind of like this banner.

"Friends, Family, Religion... These are the three demons you must slay in order to succeed in business" C.M. Burns
Old 03-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #48
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Hmm...I like it too. We could use a little change...

Change is the only constant in life

Old 03-27-2006, 12:07 PM   #49
Ozzie
CRS Designee

New folding logo in place on the front page...

Now we can rotate them as needed...

Old 03-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #50
VSEKH
Fold for ABX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie
New folding logo in place on the front page...

Now we can rotate them as needed...
Looks good Ozzie.

Let's hope that it brings back old folders and gets new members to start folding for abxzone.
Folding Rig:Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, Powercolor X300SE, Audigy2zs, 4G DDR2-800 Mushkin memory, Plextor PX-760, Pair of 74GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & Seagate 750GB SATA drives, PC Power & Cooling 610 watt PSU, Coolermaster Cosmos case

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus Formula SE, Intel QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, EVGA 8800GTX, 4GB of GSkill DDR2-1000, Audigy XFi fatality, Samsung 203B, Pair of 150GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & 1TB Hitachi Sata hard drives, PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU, Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01 case

Old 03-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #51
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Maybe we could get more interest by attracting some graphics help too...

The one that's up now looks great, but it blends in with the rest of the front page a little too much. It needs a little something...

Old 03-27-2006, 12:25 PM   #52
DeusExMachina
ABX Folder

I'll take a crunch hit if I start working on a graphic, Ozzie. Already have 2 WU's crunching 50/50.

!! Calling Aboard, Calling Aboard !!

DXM
Old 03-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #53
h20-ski

We need a way to either get more people or get some of the inactive folders to start back up again. We have just 65 people active out of 596, granted some have left or joined the other teams. Just turned in 929 points in 24 hours
Old 03-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #54
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Also some of our members are buried in the teams too...I'm thinking most of the team excitement is done with now. It may be more fun to either go solo for tracking production or create some new competitions.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:33 PM   #55
DeusExMachina
ABX Folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20-ski
We need a way to either get more people or get some of the inactive folders to start back up again. We have just 65 people active out of 596, granted some have left or joined the other teams. Just turned in 929 points in 24 hours

Green with envy!

Just wait, H20, I'll catch up with ya.

What I don't like with Folding is that individuals can't move their points even among a site. So having an individual competition will be difficult, as every team member will have to start anew. If they have a lot of points, they're not moving.

But having a competition of free agents will be fun.

DXM
Old 03-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #56
h20-ski

Good luck because you are gooing to need it. I got this Xeon rig running 24/7 while running 3 consoles. And if you get close enough I have some spare power to lob at you.

YGPM
Old 03-28-2006, 01:46 AM   #57
DeusExMachina
ABX Folder

Push comes to shove a phone call to Tech relative can do some serious damage -- he had like 26,000 WU's done before P4s came out with SETI. In the end his little system was completing WU's in 51 minutes.

Oh, I could catch up quickly at that rate!

So tempted to get a primed system, but don't know if he has the time. He's coming home at 2am and back at work at 9am. Getting hold of him is the hard part.

DXM
Old 04-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #58
Ozzie
CRS Designee

What do you guys think about enabling avatar use for our folders? Some of our members are newer and maybe this would be a plus for them and for the team.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #59
Protoplasm72
Mmmm..... Folding@Home

Sounds good.

"Friends, Family, Religion... These are the three demons you must slay in order to succeed in business" C.M. Burns
Old 04-19-2006, 06:10 PM   #60
DeusExMachina
ABX Folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie
What do you guys think about enabling avatar use for our folders? Some of our members are newer and maybe this would be a plus for them and for the team.
Like that idea alot. Ninety days is a l-o-n-g time to qualify otherwise!

Can make a matching avatar to go with the sig, as well. Double the advertisement value.

DXM