ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 08-11-2005, 09:26 AM   #76
SubZero

I will definitely have to look into this game some more. I haven't seen 1 screenshot until now and it looks amazing!

Sigh.... another game to explore....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 08-11-2005, 09:32 AM   #77
SubZero

Ah... I forgot... you guys are all at least on CET... Makes me remember the times I was playing UT against fellow ABX'er at 3 AM!!! So no dice for me.....
Old 08-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #78
Wingit
Palm Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero
Ah... I forgot... you guys are all at least on CET... Makes me remember the times I was playing UT against fellow ABX'er at 3 AM!!! So no dice for me.....

hmmmmm...I gotta wonder if there isn't some time that would work...would love to see you join us...give the 14 day free trial a shot anyway...doesn't cost a thing and you might enjoy it...let me think on this.
Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1, 4790k Haswell I7, Noctua U14S cooler w/ 2nd fan in push/pull, 16gb (2x8) G.Skill Trident X 2400, EVGA GTX 980ti FTW 6gb Video, HP 2711x Display, LG Blu-ray, Creative Z series sound, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD OS drive, WD Black 2tb Data drive, in Corsair Carbide AIR540 case, powered by Corsair HX750i, Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse, Ducky Shine 5 keyboard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:05 PM   #79
Wingit
Palm Rat

New Toy!....now I just gotta figure out how to outfit it...$$$$$ lots of isk, I am sure...

Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1, 4790k Haswell I7, Noctua U14S cooler w/ 2nd fan in push/pull, 16gb (2x8) G.Skill Trident X 2400, EVGA GTX 980ti FTW 6gb Video, HP 2711x Display, LG Blu-ray, Creative Z series sound, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD OS drive, WD Black 2tb Data drive, in Corsair Carbide AIR540 case, powered by Corsair HX750i, Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse, Ducky Shine 5 keyboard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #80
sorrow

I just got wasted by a stabber.... apparently i couldnt' get in close enough and he had missiles ):
Old 08-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #81
Wingit
Palm Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrow
I just got wasted by a stabber.... apparently i couldnt' get in close enough and he had missiles ):
...that doesn't sound good!....Bummer!..I want to hear the full story on this, esp. why you were taking on a Stabber in the first place..

Old 08-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #82
sorrow

I originally posted this on the BlueKnights corp forums...

I'll try and be as in depth as i can, even though it would help if i had more knowledge (:

I logged on and Nilnist convo'd me. He mentioned in his fragmented way of speaking, that they had already killed quite a few people at the Misaba/r3 gate in r3. So i'm like, cool and join up with them, ask some BlueKnights that are on if they want in but no one was around.

I head out to r3, let them know i'm coming through before i gate hehe.

We chill for about 10 minutes before Camel spots an apoc coming to the misaba gate from within r3. Everyone gets ready to gank it, we had about 7 ships at the gate. The apoc warps in, i mwd in real close and disrupt, and start orbiting and firing away with my 250 light arty and launching my wimpy rockets. The apoc keeps heading to the gate, non of us had any webifiers... he was at about half shield if i remember before he was able to gate. Everyone got a little upset and a bunch of the ShortBus guys decided to go refit for some webifiers.

as a side note, i was in a rifter with 2 250 light arty's 2 rocket launchers an mwd a crappy warp disruptor, and some reactors. Also this was my second rifter of the day, seeing as i lost my earlier one to a stabber ): I'm still teh sux when it comes to this stuff... but i'm learning.

ok so back to the fight...

A bunch of guys come back, in their same ships refitted with webifiers and jammers. someone says over voip that we have more ships coming into r3, but they didn't do anything yet... just after he announces this, the gate we are at fires up and the apoc that was there before pops back in... everyone starts locking it and i head in to disrupt it, before i could get within range i'm insta locked and popped. lol literally i died in like 2 seconds... anyway, i'm in my egg and starting to head back to grab my last frigate i have in mamet. and i hear he got away...

i'm still refitting when all this chatter starts up.. a couple of this guys gang m8's warp to the r3 gate and start to gank the shortbus guys... i'm not sure what they had but a couple BS's i believe because the shortbus guys lost a couple shipts and start talkinga bout how if they want to play that way they'll get their BS's as well.

I'm urgently refitting my kestrel with anything i can scrounge from Ron and Kuro who logged on. Kuro gangs with us and he and i head to a safe spot in Misaba and wait for the go ahead to gate into R3.

From the voiop chatter i'll try and say what they had, but i'm still newbish so i don't know all the ship names.... our opposition has something like that apoc doing 170km sniping, a cerberus and a close range domi. I know there is more but i don't know what.

Everyone is getting anxious and we get to the r3 gate, and shortbus says for us all to jump in... i get in there and there is probably like 15or more ships all going at it. I target the domi that everyone wanted to go down fast, and start disrupting and launching rockets at it. I'd say i was in the battle for about a minute before i got ganged up on and popped.

I took my egg back to mamet and i'm floating in an egg now lol 3 ships lost, but it was fun.

I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but i know the shortbus guys lost a couple bs's kuro i think lost his ship, i lost mine, another frigat or two..

the enemies lost the cerebris and the domi i believe plus a couple other ships... was good fun

lesson learned: have a ship that can last longer so i can enjoy the battle more!

anyway... later guys

Lucas
aka: Will Exsanguinate
Old 08-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #83
Qba73
Bench This

Like i said before...balls the size of boulders..lol
Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
Old 08-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #84
Rick_EE
Sent from my PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero
Wingit is on about 22hrs a day. You are sure to see him.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:53 PM   #85
Wingit
Palm Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_EE
Wingit is on about 22hrs a day. You are sure to see him.
...just seems that way, but seriously....my Doctor prescribed it, yeah...that's it!...he prescribed it!....however, now that my recovery is at a stage that work beckons me once more with it's bony fingers...I will no doubt be less omnipresent ... c'est la!

Old 08-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #86
Underwater Mike

I'd be posting more in this thread, but all my time is occupied by the game.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #87
Qba73
Bench This

Hey Guys, friendly reminder that Wed 9pm is Mining day 2..post if you will have a problem making it.

Iron has a comorant and will be partaking in our festivities on wed.

i now have miner II's which i will be using come wed.

Live long and prosper.
Asus Z170 Deluxe
EVGA 980 Ti SC@1230/7500
Corsair AX860i
Acer XB271HU
Old 08-15-2005, 11:04 AM   #88
Wingit
Palm Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qba73
Hey Guys, friendly reminder that Wed 9pm is Mining day 2..post if you will have a problem making it.

Iron has a comorant and will be partaking in our festivities on wed.

i now have miner II's which i will be using come wed.

Live long and prosper.
refitted my Corm for multi-role (can do mining and still has a good punch) with twin miner 1s and dropped several secure containers in an adjoining belt, so I will be there

Old 08-15-2005, 11:11 AM   #89
Wingit
Palm Rat

A few more screenies taken in Muvolailen belt...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ast1.jpg (53.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ast2.jpg (64.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ast3.jpg (53.8 KB, 10 views)

Old 08-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #90
sorrow

Last night in my Blackbird with our pirate corp CEO we went out a hunting... me in a blackbird him in a Wolf and another in a Celestis.

We were on the prowl going from system to system... all below .2 mind you.

We get into a .1 system and see there are a couple people in it. So we start scanning lookin to see if anyone is out and about.

We find that there is someone in a hauler (something i had never seen), out there. So we spend some time trying to track him down.

The ceo on voip says, warp to me now i go thim. Me and the Celestis warp in... I warp in and start jamming and warp disrupting immediatly. I don't even need to do any damage becase the guy was almost through his armour before the ceo says stop shooting. He was the only one shooting! he forgot to turn off one of his guns and the guy only had like 4% hull left before he estopped.

We ransomed the guy for 10million isk. and let him go once he paid.

So we were sitting around waiting for our pvp flag to wear off. when another of his corp mates starts asking in local how much he is going to need to pay to get out of the system safely.

We are just like huh? the guy could easily warp to the gate and get through before we could gank him, and if we tried we wouldn't survive we didn'th ave any ships that could tank the gate turrets if we wanted to. So we played along with the guy, even though eh could have just logged in the station, saying that he should probably just pay us now and be on his way. we got him to pay me and another guy 1 million isk each for safe passage out of the system.

too funny

ps: is posting images working again?