ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 08-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
Bofinn
I'm gettin' dizzy!

I have a stye on my eye

Anyone delt with a stye? I've had it for 2 months now. So last weekend I started using hot compress a few times a day. It's growing bigger - I hope that's a good thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When in doubt, smack it!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 08-08-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
Rickwell
Last user turn off lights

Well I've never had one.But I heard you shouldn't rub your eye.You might try going to a Doctor to see if isn't something else.Like maybe a piece of steel in there.If it's getting bigger then it might explode (just Kidding).Get it checked out for sure.
EVGA 295 GTX,Koolance water block
4GB Corsair Twin 2X4096-8500C5DF
4 x 256 GB Raid 0 / Crucial M4 SSD
Areca ARC-1000B LCD Pannel
Areca 1880ix RAID Card / 4GB cache
Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller
Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU
Win7 x64/SP1
Old 08-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
Bofinn
I'm gettin' dizzy!

2 months ago I went for my first eye exam so it's already been looked at, but I may have to go again if it doesn't explode soon.

Should I start wearing goggles to protect the monitor?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When in doubt, smack it!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
rjs735
Virus? What I am not sick

Far be it for me to give medical advice but there is an ointment called Stye ( over the counter) or ask the pharmacist for the best ointment treatment. I have had several in my lifetime . They came to a head and with the ointment recedeed and cleared up.

If your is getting bigger and you've had it for 2 weeks I would recommend seeing a Doctor specifically for this. he maybe able to prescribe an anti biotic. You only get a pair of eyes for life screw them up and you may not be able to see as well as before.
Asus P2b-F Cel 450 Ram 256MB W98 SE
Optorite CDRW WD 40GB
Asrock P4combo P4 346 Xp Pro Sp 3 SATA HD SATA DVD/RW
Foxconn 925EX 550 XP Media SP2 Sata HD Sata DVD/RW
Foxconn 925EX 550 Xp SP2 Asrock 775Dual 550 Xp pro SP2
IBM T23 1.3hz RAM 512MB XP pro SP2
All systems are networked
Konica Minolta Color Laser Samsung clp-315 Color laser
Dlink 655 Dlink G650 Wireless Dlink DNS-323 1TB NAS
Old 08-08-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
Deer Slayer
Unscanable!!! Tatoo???

Unhappy I've had a few of those.

I hate those things! If they're on one of the eyelashes pointing out, and it's far enough from my eyeball, I'll pop it even though they say not to. They sure do go away a LOT faster if you do that. You have to wait until they're about to pop on their own anyways or it stings like a beeeaaaatch! Just make sure the goop doesn't go in your eye, or it can turn into pink eye . Be careful with the needle, that's WHY they say not to pop them!!! My cat came in and he was kinda wet from being under the porch, and he rubbed his head on the corner of my eye. I got a couple styes and an eye infection from that! I dunno what was on him, but it was obviously FULL of bacteria whatever it was! I had some antibiotic eyedrops from when I had pinkeye, and it cleared it up. Dang cat, makes you think about where he's been before you let him cuddle up! It left this thing on my eyelid that turned into a hard lump for a couple years! It sucked, I thought it was a pimple at first, but it never came to a head. Then one day it turned white, and started to itch. I rubbed it with the tip of my finger and the whole thing came off !!!
Old 08-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
Kipperfillets
Enjoying the discourse!

Have you given it a name yet? I have a recurring one on my left eye and to be honest i'm used to it! I just stick it with a pin and milk it all out then the pressure is gone and relief sets in. Did I mention i'm a sick puppy?

Old 08-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #7
spookyload
IN-n-Out Expert

I have had three that continued to grow. After it reaches a certain size it becomes a Chalezon(sp). At that point it has to be surgically removed. If it is still a small stye, make a cup of hot tea and use the tea bag as a compress. The tannic acid in the tea will help the stye express itself. If it gets BB sized, go to a doc because it will never come out on its own. I waited till it got so big my eye got poor vision from it deforming the surface of my eye. The vision came back as soon as it was operated on. The operation is pretty painless and only takes thirty minutes out-patient.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:12 PM   #8
Panther_abx

I thought they lanced those? At least I think that is what they did to us as kids.

1000 Watt Power Supply
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB
X-fi ExtremeGamer sound card
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz 4MB Cache 1333MHz FSB
2GB DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
Windows Vista Home Premium
(RAID 0) - 500GB (2 x 250GB) Serial ATA 7,200 RPM
20X Dual-Layer DVD R/W
Old 08-09-2005, 02:12 AM   #9
c_white_wolf
What's an eXpert?

From an old wives tale:

Rub the stye with gold!

Don't ask why but styes seem to disappear quickly when rubbed with gold.

Still waiting for medical science to find a plausible reason to explain why it works when science cannot prove it.

On the other hand, it's amazing how medical science takes years to admit that some old wives tales are more then just tales.

Updated: 2006-04-10
Old 08-09-2005, 08:16 AM   #10
Bofinn
I'm gettin' dizzy!

mine is on the top lid, just above the eye lash line. it is definitely 2 - 3 times bigger than a bb and just starting to block my vision. Guess I'll make a doctor's appointment because I could never poke myself with a needle (shots don't bother me though).

I'll keep trying the hot compresses for the rest of this week because it might be working.

Give it a name? Kipp - you are absolutely mental!

as for the cream:
Non-prescription drug products cannot treat the infection associated with a sty. But you can get temporary relief of its symptoms, including burning, stinging, discomfort, and itching, with Stye Sterile Lubricant Eye Ointment.

When in doubt, smack it!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:22 AM   #11
KingTermite
The Shade of Lazarus

Bye Bye ABXZone.....Rest In Peace.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:37 AM   #12
Bofinn
I'm gettin' dizzy!

well it looks pretty close to this:

When in doubt, smack it!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:57 PM   #13
spookyload
IN-n-Out Expert

Yep...that is what mine looked like. I wouldn't try to pop it yourself. I was deployed for Enduring Freedom when I got one and didn't want to come off my crew for a month to get it fixed. I popped it with a needle and it just made it worse. Can you say infection. You have a natural tendency to touch your eye if something is imparing it, and mine was infected bad within a few days. When they remove it, they will flip your lid inside out then lance it from the inside. They have to do a bit of scraping to get all the nasty stuff out, then they will stich it from the inside with disolving stiches. Like I said...I am a three time veteran of this procedure. On a pain scale I would give it a 4 out of 10. It hurts less than haveing to deal with it on a daily basis.

Here is a link to a Homeopathic remedy for them. I don't know much about this method, but I know the surgery works fast.
http://www.chalazion.com/

And another article without the gory pictures from what I consider a more reputable site:
http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic94.htm
Old 08-10-2005, 07:51 AM   #14
Bofinn
I'm gettin' dizzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyload
When they remove it, they will flip your lid inside out then lance it from the inside. They have to do a bit of scraping to get all the nasty stuff out, then they will stich it from the inside with disolving stiches.
Are you awake during the operation?
Old 08-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #15
sandman55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Slayer
I hate those things! If they're on one of the eyelashes pointing out, and it's far enough from my eyeball, I'll pop it even though they say not to. They sure do go away a LOT faster if you do that. You have to wait until they're about to pop on their own anyways or it stings like a beeeaaaatch! Just make sure the goop doesn't go in your eye, or it can turn into pink eye . Be careful with the needle, that's WHY they say not to pop them!!! My cat came in and he was kinda wet from being under the porch, and he rubbed his head on the corner of my eye. I got a couple styes and an eye infection from that! I dunno what was on him, but it was obviously FULL of bacteria whatever it was! I had some antibiotic eyedrops from when I had pinkeye, and it cleared it up. Dang cat, makes you think about where he's been before you let him cuddle up! It left this thing on my eyelid that turned into a hard lump for a couple years! It sucked, I thought it was a pimple at first, but it never came to a head. Then one day it turned white, and started to itch. I rubbed it with the tip of my finger and the whole thing came off !!!
You say about your cat, I some times think about when my dog licks me what has it just liked before me and some of the revolting stuff it eats