Google Chrome Cleanup Tool

5:53 PM - Mar 27, 2017 #1

Here is a program that will clean up Chrome from Google.

Chrome Cleanup Tool

I think going to settings and clicking Reset settings does the same thing but I ran the program above.

I am narrowing my issue down. Appears on any website when I click on a picture or URL link on the webpage it regularly opens that 'Infected website'. I think I am going to delete all my cookies. I haven't done that in a long time.
Dislike

7:46 PM - Mar 27, 2017 #2

Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX - Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S - 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15 - Asus GTX 980 TI Strix - Intel Optane 900P 280 gig for OS - Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig Steam Library - Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data - 1 TB WD Black data - Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS - Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor - HyperX Alloy Elite RGB Keyboard - Mionix Naos 7000 mouse - AudioEngine A5+ Speakers - Sennheiser GSX 1000 USB sound card - AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dislike

8:52 PM - Mar 27, 2017 #3

Way ahead of you FVB, I have CCleaner always. It is the only program I use that I don't have stored on my software drive. I just open it and go to the update page and get the latest and install over that original and then throw the install away. It works and keeps settings. I like it a lot but I don't think it is geared towards Chrome. I still run Chrome/Settings/Clear browsing data.

The issue I had is infamous, just Google 'Critical Microsoft Security Alert' to learn about the issue. This is exactly what I had.

YouTube

I tried a lot of cleansing but I know what caused it. Most fixit advice points to uninstalling the latest programs and that is what it was, the new Cool Edit Pro. I found another installer file and am using it. So far so good.
Dislike